Customer Service 866.965.0400

Weather Tech floor liners

FrozenWS6

Question

I have detailed 3 different Suv's with the Weather Tech floor liners and have tried 3 different products and they still won't come completely clean.

First I used Tire Rubber Cleaner and my short bristled scrub brush. Rescrubbed them 2 times and they still had dried dirt on them. So I went back over them with Bleach W. Still dirty but got them a little better.

Then the next Suv I used APC at 100%, and wouldn't get them fully clean either after 2 scrub downs.

The 3rd Suv I used just the Bleach W and it did ok because these ones weren't as dirty as the others but still not completely clean.

Has anyone else had this issue? Looking for more ideas.

I'm having to top them off with VRT to hide the remaining dirt but its leaving them a little slippery.
I don't have this problem with my Husky Liners so I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

Here is a pic of what I started with on the last set I did. These are out of a 4,000 mile 2016 Silverado so there isn't any wear started on them yet. These are pretty clean for Alaska standards

19BD9F58-E6E4-407E-8D5D-504DD9FD8BCC_zps

Edited by FrozenWS6

The mats had in quick spray down halfway through winter at a pay n spray.

I've considered cutting the blue brush bristles in half to give me more cutting power.

Truthfully most the dirt came off during the pressure wash. I used the 25 degree nozzle on my 2000psi pressure washer and was about 1-2 inches away from the mats.

Just sent an email to weathertech to ask about the fading. Interested to see their reply.

I inherited a new 1500psi pressure washer that I've been using on most of these mats and that helped a little, but even putting it practically up against the mat can only cut a little of this mess off. That's why when everything I had tried wasn't working well enough. I decided to post here to get ideas and see if anyone else ever had this issue.

Weathertech just want's to sell me their stuff, not actually solve my problem. Then with the price of freight on it, it would be about $60.00 per bottle which isn't practical since that freight will add up to being a lot of lost money at the end of the year. So I was hoping I could get respectable results from some Adams products or an equivilant.

Would be interested to see how a product like Solution Finish would do on these

Never heard of it. Probably not something easy to find in Alaska. Which means and expensive experiment just to try it out. There are very limited resources up here especially for detailing supplies.

Edited by FrozenWS6

I inherited a new 1500psi pressure washer that I've been using on most of these mats and that helped a little, but even putting it practically up against the mat can only cut a little of this mess off. That's why when everything I had tried wasn't working well enough. I decided to post here to get ideas and see if anyone else ever had this issue.

Weathertech just want's to sell me their stuff, not actually solve my problem. Then with the price of freight on it, it would be about $60.00 per bottle which isn't practical since that freight will add up to being a lot of lost money at the end of the year. So I was hoping I could get respectable results from some Adams products or an equivilant.

I did get one response so far from weathertech. The said the dye is mixed into the mats, not applied on top. The said the discoloration I am seeing is due to using a silicone based cleaner, which to my knowledge I haven't used. Still waiting for a response after telling them which cleaners I have used, the cleaners being Adam's APC, TRC as well as Simple Green. Edited by SumBeach35

Yeah, I'm not buying the silicon based cleaners excuse. I think that's a scare tactic to make you buy their product.

If it was from the cleaner why isn't there more then just the lower flat part fading.

Yeah, I'm not buying the silicon based cleaners excuse. I think that's a scare tactic to make you buy their product.

If it was from the cleaner why isn't there more then just the lower flat part fading.

I agree. Haven't gotten another response from them yet.

That's cool your getting yours replaced.

All the cleaners I have and I hadn't thought of regular dish soap. I'll do that next time.

Glad they gave you a better answer then I got.

Thanks for the update.

That's cool your getting yours replaced.

All the cleaners I have and I hadn't thought of regular dish soap. I'll do that next time.

Glad they gave you a better answer then I got.

Thanks for the update.

Tell you customers, and if you have a set, send them pictures and see what they say. Worst they can do is say no.

Best advice is for everyone to buy Aries 3D floor liners. they are amazing and I have yet to see a weathertech mat which has not folded in on the sides

I've never seen a weathertech mat do that

I've had quite a few with sides curling in. I believe it's from the heat when running the heater on the floor or defrost and floor settings.

I've never had that with any of my Husky liners either.

Edited by FrozenWS6

Weathertech just want's to sell me their stuff, not actually solve my problem. Then with the price of freight on it, it would be about $60.00 per bottle which isn't practical since that freight will add up to being a lot of lost money at the end of the year

Their stuff is available on Amazon w/prime shipping.

That's what Adam recommend I do. Tell us how it turns out!

Unless a fairy drops some Adam's Ceramic Trim Coating in my lap, it will be with a non Adam's product I have used on trim before.

Edited by SumBeach35

I actually have some weather tech floor at cleaner and protectant. I prefer Adams tire and rubber cleaner to their cleaner but their dressing works great. Has a finish that matches TID or VRT but is not slick to the touch :)

Anyone think the new Matte detailer will work?

Yeah, interested to know, because it is not supposed to add any slickness or shine.

The product page says "easy to clean with a super slick formula". It says it won't add shine, but the super slick formula doesn't sound good for floor mats.

The product page says "easy to clean with a super slick formula". It says it won't add shine, but the super slick formula doesn't sound good for floor mats.

Looks like I missed that, Adams should still make a rubber floor mat thing, maybe "Rubber Revitalizer"

True. Adams has done an awesome job updating a lot of the waxes and exterior products lately, but they could use some updates for some of the interior products too.

Edited by FrozenWS6