Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam cannon goes boom?

Greg from GA

Question

This is meant as a general humor/intense pain post...

So I love that my trusty pressure washer now gets heavy utilization.  Before I always worried that the carb was going to gum up with lack of use cleaning driveways, decks annually etc.  Now i am thrilled to roll it out as part of the regular car washing routine with the foam cannon and then using it to rinse.

That brings me to something that I cannot get out of the back of my mind: through years of using my pressure washer to clean driveways and decks I ONCE IN A BLUE MOON found myself chasing the pressure tip down the driveway after not fully seating it and BOOM firing it off as a bullet.  I KNOW this is going to happen into the side of my car.  I can't get it out of my mind!  I have started the habit of firing the pressure washer into the ground THEN lifting it up to wash the car.  But things happen...

Anybody want to fess up?  Have you shot your car?

8 answers to this question

I almost shot my car once. The worse part is that I don't have the individual spray tips, I have the 5-in-1 spray nozzle that came with my Ryobi pressure washer.  That thing is solid and huge compared to the spray tips.  

Anyways, when I first got the pressure washer, right after I bought an Adams foam Cannon (not that I bought a pressure washer just for that or anything lol), I was so excited to use it with the foam cannon that after I foamed it and switched from the cannon to the nozzle to do the final rinse I didn't seat it all the way and it shot out. Fortunately I started spraying as I was moving it up to my car and the nozzle instead hit the pavement. Ever since then I double and triple check to make sure it is seated all the way before I spray, and even then i spray into the ground first. 

I have not had that problem, since my Foam Cannon attaches to the pressure washer wand with threaded M22 fittings, not quick-connects.

If you want to be safe, get a second gun or wand, and permanently attach the Foam Cannon with threaded fittings, then put quick-connects between the hose and the gun.  That way you are switching guns between foaming and rinsing, and not tips.

This would also allow for the Foam Cannon to mount closer to the gun, rather that at the end of the longer wand.  It always looks awkward to me when I see pics or vids of people using Foam Cannons on the end of a 3 foot long wand.

20150926_125901.jpg

I have not had that problem, since my Foam Cannon attaches to the pressure washer wand with threaded M22 fittings, not quick-connects.

If you want to be safe, get a second gun or wand, and permanently attach the Foam Cannon with threaded fittings, then put quick-connects between the hose and the gun.  That way you are switching guns between foaming and rinsing, and not tips.

This would also allow for the Foam Cannon to mount closer to the gun, rather that at the end of the longer wand.  It always looks awkward to me when I see pics or vids of people using Foam Cannons on the end of a 3 foot long wand.

attachicon.gif20150926_125901.jpg

well, crap - great idea: Off to Home Depot!