Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's newest finishing polish...quick thoughts...

EB C5 Z06

Question

When it comes to medium to hard paint, there's many finishing polishes that can get the job done with ease. Soft black paint is a whole different ball game, and that's where Adam's excels. I've experimented with many and I like Adam's the best. While working on black honda paint, when I couldn't get anything to finish without haze, Adam's came through for me. It's the same idea as CarPro Essence(infused with SiO2), but I find Adam's to be less finicky. Does it have *durable* fillers like Essence? I don't know, but after a paint prep wipedown, it still looked great!!! Please don't change the formula, at least for a while! :)

Edited by EB C5 Z06

8 answers to this question

Good reply and thanks for the boost of confidence. i grabbed a bottle to try and haven't use it yet. I need something that was juuuuust the right touch of agreesiveness to do my annual spring cleaning on a car that's meticulously maintained all year anyways, and it seemed this product would fit the bill.

Good reply and thanks for the boost of confidence. i grabbed a bottle to try and haven't use it yet. I need something that was juuuuust the right touch of agreesiveness to do my annual spring cleaning on a car that's meticulously maintained all year anyways, and it seemed this product would fit the bill.

No problem!

The cut is light. If you use a finishing pad and it's not doing it for ya, switch to a polishing pad and you should be good to go. 

Can you go straight to a coating after finishing polish like you can with essence?

I have an off brand ceramic coating on my black expedition that's been on there for almost a year and half. It's holding up great, but the hood  has a couple of high spots and streaks as that's where I started and it took a couple of tries before I got the process down...the rest of the car looks fine. I was wondering if the finishing polish would get these high spots out, and then after just be able to go back with another coat of the coating.

Can you go straight to a coating after finishing polish like you can with essence?

Yes. In fact, this is what you'd want to do. What else were you thinking you'd do (or should be done) inbewteen? The coating prep will take care of oils and such from the polish. You could maybe wash if you had dusting and such from polishing that you needed to remove, but not really any other prep steps.

I too have recently been researching essence and wondered if the new finishing polish was similar. My 93 has been repainted and I have most swirls out but it's been polished on quite a bit by me.I have kind of went  thru on a couple of sharp places and am concerned as to how much I can polish.

If I had something that would fill the remaining swirls and then be able to ceramic coat it that would be ideal.

Edited by Crooz1n

With essence you don't have to do an eraser wipe down prior to coating...so you can just wipe off the polish and go straight to the coating. That's all I was wondering about.

I find there's too much polishing oils left behind to go straight to coating with Adam's FP. I might need to lessen the amount of polish I'm using. Coating prep wipe down would be good. Anyhow, this product finishes very well(with the right pad) on soft black paint. 

Edited by EB C5 Z06