Customer Service 866.965.0400

What pressure washer??

StevenBlakeM

Question

I've been thinking of getting a pressure washer to wash my car, boats and jet skis but I don't really know what I should be looking fo when getting one. I would like to spend somewhat around $200-500

I have been hearing that electric is better for detailing cars so I would want to get an electric pressure washer for the cars and boats and I want to get a gas pressure washer to wash the driveway, decking, and house. Let me know or post a link on what I should buy. Thanks :)

3 answers to this question

If you get a gas unit for larger/heavier duty chores (driveway, decking, and house...) the same machine will do just fine for cars...although electric is generally considered less hassle to setup. The greater flow of the bigger gas unit will play well with a foam cannon.  :D 

For the larger chores, flow (GPM) is king. I have a 3000 PSI/2.5 GPM gas. It's more than enough for the cars (I use over sized nozzles to lower the pressure without lowering the flow). For the bigger projects, I wish it had more flow.

If you get a gas unit for larger/heavier duty chores (driveway, decking, and house...) the same machine will do just fine for cars...although electric is generally considered less hassle to setup. The greater flow of the bigger gas unit will play well with a foam cannon.  :D 

For the larger chores, flow (GPM) is king. I have a 3000 PSI/2.5 GPM gas. It's more than enough for the cars (I use over sized nozzles to lower the pressure without lowering the flow). For the bigger projects, I wish it had more flow.

This is a brilliant overall perspective.

It really depends on what you need/want a PW for.   Just washing cars and maybe some minor cleaning?   Electric is fine.   Need a PW to do a variety of tasks?   Gotta go gas.

Lots of talk about PW's here and on the web.   Everyone has an opinion and experience.   Let us know if you have a specific question, but honestly, you are on your own with the more general questions.   It's the only way that will work for you.