Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery wax vs. Americana vs. Patriot

camp316

Question

So from what im thinking is the main differences are price and longevity. 

My question is exactly how much more shine does each offer and does the amount of shine justify the price. 

I am currently debating purchasing one of them for my daily driver, a black Ram 1500, and was hoping for some input. 

Also, after a polish, paint seal, and glaze, is it overkill to then add wax?

6 answers to this question

It's not overkill to add wax after all of that. It's actually pretty typical. You don't always have to polish and seal to add wax. Since Sealant lasts much longer than wax, you could wax more often than you seal, if that makes sense.

I really love Patriot Wax. It gives a great shine but thats not all of the pluses... It also is super easy to apply and remove compared to other waxes out there and because you can/need to apply it in thin layers a jar lasts a super long time. 

I have all 3 waxes. For your intended use, I would probably go with the buttery or Americana. I think the Patriot is slightly deeper and glossier than Americana but for a daily driven vehicle I'm not sure I could justify the price difference. Buttery is super easy to apply and remove and also leaves an outstanding shine. It just doesn't offer much durability.

I did my silver Ford Flex with both last weekend. I did Brilliant Glaze on the whole car prior to waxing. I did Patriot on the driver side and Americana on the passenger side... After I was done I looked hard at both sides and on my silver car I could not tell a difference. Not sure if a darker car would show better, they usually do... I will stick with Americana, it was just as easy as the Patriot to put on and take off..