Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hot pad and polish streaking Flex 3401

Junior

Question

So today I went to polish a BMW 750 and experienced some pretty good heat buildup on the microfiber pad I was using. I only did the hood of the car. It was a pretty warm day here even though I was working in the shade. I was using Adams PCP with a Flex 3401 and the gen 4 microfiber pad I think it was. It has no hole in the center and it's about 7 inches in diameter. While working in sections at speed 4, I noticed the polish seemed to be uneven and I couldn't really get too many passes in before it was drying up and becoming somewhat streaky. Not sure that's the best way to describe it I wish I had taken pics. But it was basically drying up and adhering to the paint a little more in places while clear or normal looking in other spots. I was keeping the pad primed and cleaning it out after each section. What I noticed was the Polish was difficult to remove and the pad was getting some heat. I wouldn't say scalding hot but it was definitely warmer than I expected. I moved to the finishing polish with the Cyclo and white foam pads and had no issues there. I am hoping I didn't do any damage to that clear coat, it looks fine. I don't think I've ever had a pad heat up this way. Anybody have this happen before? Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

Thanks John. I have the previous version of Correcting Polish in the 8 oz bottle from when they first went to the small bottle. I think the heat in the pad was really the main culprit behind the Polish acting that way. Maybe not having a hole in the pad is part of the reason it builds heat. I am pretty sure I've used this pad with the Flex before and not had high temps.