Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from WI

BlazinZL1

Hey Adam's, I just picked up this 2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1 about 2 months ago with 2,300 miles on her.  I've driven beaters my whole life and have been waiting for this time to come, and I am impressed each and every time I drive this car. I seriously can't express how happy I am :D.  With that said, I plan on keeping this car extremely clean and I look forward to learning from this forum about the proper ways of detailing.  I know a few issues that concern me are how extreme the brake dust is on this thing.  I can leave the house with clean rims and 10 minutes down the road, the rims are caked.  Might have to apply a coating?  Another thing is these Goodyear tires are so sticky, the front tires grab small pebbles/rocks and like spit them back and sand blast the rear quarters.  So I'm thinking of using some type of xpel or coating to prevent any chip marks.   

post-16397-0-56417100-1501718186_thumb.jpg

post-16397-0-19453500-1501718223_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlazinZL1

Welcome and congratulations on your camaro! It looks awesome. 

I havent used any coatings on rims before, so I cant really say on how well it repels brake dust, but I switched to ceramic pads instead and have zero brake dust on my car. And they stop well for a street car. 

Welcome to the addiction, Blake!

I'm no expert, but I've read that given the extreme cold in your part of the country, ceramic pads may not be the best choice. You might consider another brand of semi-metallic instead. Pick up some WC in the meantime to help clean them, and a coating, PS, or HGG are some options to will help keep the brake dust from sticking/removal.

P.S. Go Pack!!!

Edited by falcaineer