Customer Service 866.965.0400

Advantages of a quality Polisher

marauder

Question

What are the advantages of a nicer polisher? I'm fairly new to detailing. Been doing washing etc for ages, but very little paint correction, scratch removal.  I've got a random orbital from harbor freight just wondering what benefits I'd get to bumping up to something nicer. Price range would be low to mid 200s. 

8 answers to this question

The SK is a great deal.  And with a mini, you'll be able to do nearly any job as well as you could want to do.  It's a great combination.  The mini is great for posts and bumpers, along with other intricate areas.  For personal use, the SK is probably the best deal on the market.

9 minutes ago, marauder said:

What are the advantages of a nicer polisher? I'm fairly new to detailing. Been doing washing etc for ages, but very little paint correction, scratch removal.  I've got a random orbital from harbor freight just wondering what benefits I'd get to bumping up to something nicer. Price range would be low to mid 200s. 

For your application I’d go with the Adams swirl killers. 

You can get a great deal on a kit that’s the 15 or 21 and a mini. The 15 being the more universal of the two. They’ll both give smooth operation for you and last a long time. You won’t regret the money spent. 

11 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

For your application I’d go with the Adams swirl killers. 

You can get a great deal on a kit that’s the 15 or 21 and a mini. The 15 being the more universal of the two. They’ll both give smooth operation for you and last a long time. You won’t regret the money spent. 

I've been looking at the 15mm swirl killer for some time. With the mystery box for one today it's every tempting. It would also work with my current pads. I was also looking at PORTER CABLE 7424XP

1 minute ago, marauder said:

I've been looking at the 15mm swirl killer for some time. With the mystery box for one today it's every tempting. It would also work with my current pads. I was also looking at PORTER CABLE 7424XP

Get the Swirl Killer, forget the Porter Cable.  The Swirl Killer is much nicer to use, since the vibration on the Porter Cable can leave your hands numb.  Spend the few extra dollars for a better machine that is easier on your body.

Thanks guys for answering another one of my questions. I just finished checking out on the Swirl Killer mystery box. That looks like I get a 15mm SK plus $70+ in product for $200 seemed like a no brainer after looking at other polishers on the market and price.

The comfort of the Porter Cable was one of the issues, as It didn't look to be as comfortable to hold as the SK.

I might jump on the 12mm after christmas.

1 minute ago, marauder said:

Thanks guys for answering another one of my questions. I just finished checking out on the Swirl Killer mystery box. That looks like I get a 15mm SK plus $70+ in product for $200 seemed like a no brainer after looking at other polishers on the market and price.

The comfort of the Porter Cable was one of the issues, as It didn't look to be as comfortable to hold as the SK.

I might jump on the 12mm after christmas.

You won't regret it.  You'll be amazed at the uses you find for it.