Customer Service 866.965.0400

Going All Adams

drkjed

Question

So I have been a fan of Adams detail spray for a while but have decided to go all Adams with my newest car.  So I am just a little confused on which direction to go as there are so many choices... I  am from the old school group you used to wash, wax and use detail spray in-between....so all this extra is overwhelming

I Was thinking id go:

Adams Shampoo-H2o G&G and follow up with Buttery wax and uses detail spray in-between washes

Then as I read more ... I began to get confused

(Maybe) Adams shampoo-Paint Sealant- H2O G&G then some buttery wax no buttery wax, wax instead of G&G still use detail spray????

Any thoughts would be great as I want to keep the pretty metallic blue .....well looking pretty...

Here is how it looks now...

cx3.jpg

8 answers to this question

You'll want to Strip wash your car to get the paint naked.  Also, if it has been driven a bit, a decontamination with Clay might be a good idea.  After that/if you do that, you'll want to apply Liquid Paint Sealant for 4-6 month protection.  Apply H2O GG afterwards and every few washes to maintain shine and protection. Wax, especially a weak wax like Buttery Wax, is unnecessary, however you may apply it if you want for more shine.  Buttery lasts about 2 weeks I'd say, and if you apply your H2O GG over the top of old Buttery (IF that sequence lined up) then your H2O GG will come off as soon as the Wax does which may be in the next few days.  Generally, I say Paint Sealant and H2O GG is all you need and is very straight forward.  Save the waxing for the show cars IMO but if you want to do it, you can. Just know what you're doing. 

Detail spray doesn't have any layering properties like Sealant or Wax, it's a spray and wipe detail-in-a-bottle that works on any surface for a bit of extra shine and cleaning.  It also has hundreds of other uses, but for what you're talking about, you can apply Detail spray whenever you want a little therapy or extra shine or cleaning light dust/fingerprints/smears etc.  

ok so when it comes to guard and gloss and VRT I have a question...

so if you use guard and gloss all over trim ect and would you use VRT on the plastic trim pieces around wheels and lower rocker trim? or would that not work? I guess I am looking for some clarity on the sequence for the plastic trim ext when using guard and gloss as not to waste product for no real benefit...

in addition post winter I am going at a minimum with paint sealant and was considering using ceramic trim coating for all those black trim bits...and thoughts on this?? and is ceramic coating a better option than just paint sealant or just different?  

1 hour ago, drkjed said:

ok so when it comes to guard and gloss and VRT I have a question...

so if you use guard and gloss all over trim ect and would you use VRT on the plastic trim pieces around wheels and lower rocker trim? or would that not work? I guess I am looking for some clarity on the sequence for the plastic trim ext when using guard and gloss as not to waste product for no real benefit...

in addition post winter I am going at a minimum with paint sealant and was considering using ceramic trim coating for all those black trim bits...and thoughts on this?? and is ceramic coating a better option than just paint sealant or just different?  

With H2O Guard & Gloss on the trim, you do not really need to use VRT.  An exception would be if the trim is faded, the VRT will restore it better than the HGG.

Yes, the Ceramic Trim Coating will provide better and longer lasting protection for the lower trim. 

Ceramic Paint Coating provides better and longer lasting protection for the paint, but it takes more care/skill to apply, with the preparation the key to getting the best results and longest protection from the CTC.

Just now, drkjed said:

Great info TheWolf Thanks a bunch...

So is Pint Sealant more "forgiving"  in its application?  and as I am current doing all work by hand how good is the paint sealant when applied by hand vs machine?

Yes, the Paint Sealant is much easier to apply.  Ceramic Paint Coating is much more involved in the prep and application, and if the application does not turn out right, then it has to be machine polished off.

The protection provide by the Paint Sealant will not be any different if applied by hand or machine.  The advantage of machine application is that you get a really thin coat, which makes it really easy to wipe off the residue, and also uses less product.

That's good to know and Paint sealant sounds like the way to go...

So am I correct in assuming that the process would be :

Strip wash 

Clay 

Paint sealant 

guard and gloss 

possibly top with buttery wax

then use detail spray for basic upkeep

3 minutes ago, drkjed said:

That's good to know and Paint sealant sounds like the way to go...

So am I correct in assuming that the process would be :

Strip wash 

Clay 

Paint sealant 

guard and gloss 

possibly top with buttery wax

then use detail spray for basic upkeep

Yep, good order. Strip Wash only before applying the sealant, not as an "every wash" thing. HGG goes on every 4-6 washes or so as maintenance for the PS. DS in between is just fine, too. Don't forget polish, which would be after clay, before sealant.

Here's a good article to digest even more on the different products:

Edited by falcaineer