Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl Killer stopped working

Joseph Garrel

Hello

hopefully some one can help me. i have a swirll killer 15mm LT and i went to go finish polishing my car for a car show this weekend and when i plugged in my polisher and pressed the trigger, It doesn't turn on. iv tried almost every outlet in my house and it doesn' t turn on. can some one please help

Edited by Joseph Garrel

28 minutes ago, Joseph Garrel said:

Hello

hopefully some one can help me. i have a swirll killer 15mm LT and i went to go finish polishing my car for a car show this weekend and when i plugged in my polisher and pressed the trigger, It doesn't turn on. iv tried almost every outlet in my house and it doesn' t turn on. can some one please help

That's certainly a bummer!

I'm not sure how to diagnose the problem, so your best bet is to call customer service in the morning, 1-866-965-0400.

Welcome, Joseph! Sorry this is your first post... Has it worked before? Or is it brand new? Recommend you call Adam's first thing in the morning. I don't know what they can do, but I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be everything they can possibly do. Their customer service is second to none. Good luck.

Joseph, 

did yours make any noise prior to it not functioning anymore?

i have one that quit working also. 

I will definitely say Adams customer service is second to none.  

Edited by Hookem06

im sure my SK has a short or inconsistent contact in the wires some where. I have to keep the cable in a certain position while running it

I wonder if that's your same issue, hopefully I can get a replacement cable because it is a vital tool of mine

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for contacting us, and I'm sorry about the issues with your Swirl Killer polisher. It does sound like a short with the cord. Please contact our Customer Service by email at orders@adamspolishes.com or phone at 866-965-0400 and we will be happy to help out and resolve the issue. Please reference your order number so that we can look it up no problem. We can get that one shipped back to us and a repair or replacement if it's still within the 1 year warranty. We're on the phones for a bit longer tonight, and we will have a customer service rep on phones tomorrow as well.

As a side tip for everyone, make sure to never wrap the Swirl Killer power cord too tightly around the machine, and leave plenty of strain relief at the area where the cord meets the handle. 

So I did some work this weekend and finally opened it and removed about 6" section of cord where the wires inside had basically kinked broken.

I take of it pretty well and do my best to keep the cord from twisting in the wrong way but I was able to put new ends on the wires and add a layer of heat shrink to prevent it

from moving or kinking in the future so hopefully that stays remedied

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, Dr.Bora said:

So I did some work this weekend and finally opened it and removed about 6" section of cord where the wires inside had basically kinked broken.

I take of it pretty well and do my best to keep the cord from twisting in the wrong way but I was able to put new ends on the wires and add a layer of heat shrink to prevent it

from moving or kinking in the future so hopefully that stays remedied

Dr. Bora,

did this fix your problem?  I have used my SK roughly 6 times on personal vehicle and it died on me this weekend.  Correcting a camper shell I just purchased for truck and on the last section it stopped working without any heat or noises.  Unplugged and let it sit until morning to be cautious and tried in multiple plugs.  Pulled trigger and the SK acted as if it wanted to spoil up and then shut off, then some pulls of the trigger it would act as if it wanted to go then nothing.  I will check cable when I get home but hope this is a fix.  Adams didn't seem to concerned with any additional questions other than offering a discount coupon since I was 6 months out of warranty. 

Thanks