Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Gun not what it was using new pressure washer

K5/TBSS

Question

Hello all! Long time member, seldom poster! But I do have a question:

I’ve been using the foam cannon with a 1800 psi pressure washer for the last 5+ years with tremendous results. Very very thick foam, great for little to no swirls. Recently though, I bought a new power washer, that is 3100 psi, and the amount of foam produced has gone down drastically. Is this from the additional pressure? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I’ve got the “knob” on the foamer turned up all the way, with no improvements. I’ve tried using a heavier soap mixture, also with no noticeable improvements... Attached are pics showing the old foam results compared to the latest. 

If you have any tips, please let me know! Thanks!

EB31DE99-5761-42EB-B404-94F340A2C9C2.jpeg

16B2F95A-17FC-40B4-8067-283F31A1829A.jpeg

2 answers to this question

Don't have the pressure washer/foam cannon set up, but if the new pressure washer was the change, then I would guess it is the reason for the difference in foam. If you still have the 1800PSI unit hook that one up and do a direct test, maybe the 3100PSI is too much pressure.

Which Foam Cannon are you using?  The MTM?  It sounds like the one you had been using has a smaller orifice that is used with electric pressure washers and you may need a bigger orifice for the gas pressure washer.

Check out this post for an explanation: