Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to clean my microfiber towels and wax applicator pad

Derek

Question

Hi all, I'm sure there's been number of posts so far on this, but what is the best way to wash my microfibers in the wash? I know a warm setting w/ no fabric softener but is there a good detergent or soap I can use? I know the microfiber revitalizer spray is great, but I am waiting for a big shipment coming in from Adam's that's currently processing  and heading my way so I'd rather hold off until my next order in a little bit to spare the cost of shipping. Also, my buttery wax applicator got a little dirty, what's the best way to clean the pad to get rid of all potential dirt and have it ready to use for the next time. 

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Oh, and as for a good soap, the MRB really is best. But absent that, liquid (NOT powder!), perfume/dye free detergents like All Free & Clear or Tide Free are good options in the interim. But get the MRB soon. Regular detergents aren't made to break down polishes, waxes, etc.

Edited by falcaineer

On 4/4/2018 at 10:07 PM, falcaineer said:

Here ya go!

Thanks so much. I'll have to add this to my future purchase. In the meantime, as far as just getting some dirt off the hex grip applicator pad for buttery wax, any recommendations? I just dropped a good amount on some new products so wanting to wait a few weeks before ordering again. That and the sake of shipping costs, I prefer to order in bulk. Any recommendations on how to clean the applicator until then? Thanks!

I washed my microfibers a few times with some kind of perfume/dye free Liquid soap and it did just about NOTHING to stains and the LPS/H2O that was in the towels.  I'm assuming it wouldn't break down wax much better.  Just order the Microfiber Revitalizer.  Ever since then I just mist each towel with it on both sides and toss it into the washer, dry it on low heat afterwards.  They come out fluffy, white/clean, and ready for use, even after a few winter rinseless-washes left them pretty nasty. If you get really bad stains or product stuck in there or wait too long and the product sets, boiling them will probably always restore it.  

I also used a Microfiber detergent from another company and it worked well too but out of respect for Adam's I'll only recommend MR on here. 

Edited by LSX Maestro

You can clean your hex grip applicators with a shot of APC.  Wet the applicator, apply APC and work it in with your fingers until it loosens the dirt and remaining wax.  Then make sure you rinse thoroughly so the APC is completely removed.  Set it aside to air dry completely before you store it in any type of sealed bin or box.

Edited by ZMAN024

35 minutes ago, ZMAN024 said:

You can clean your hex grip applicators with a shot of APC.  Wet the applicator, apply APC and work it in with your fingers until it loosens the dirt and remaining wax.  Then make sure you rinse thoroughly so the APC is completely removed.  Set it aside to air dry completely before you store it in any type of sealed bin or box.

Also, if you have a Grit Guard they excellent to use as a 'wash board' to scrub applicators and pads.