Customer Service 866.965.0400

Headlight Protection

moons21

Question

I just did a headlight restoration on my mothers 2005 Toyota Sienna and they came out pretty clear.  After I polished them, I put LPS on them to protect them.. knowing that the LPS is good for around 6 months, has anyone used like the Ceramic Trim Coating on headlights to help stop them from getting cloudy again?  I was also thinking of getting a spray bomb of clear coat from the local parts place if people think that would give better long term protection.  The van is parked outside 24x7 so protection is needed. 

Thanks

Greg

Pre-restoration:

31949392_1005595792933005_56364733671009

Post Restoration:

31948793_1005595829599668_14654371548585

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, moons21 said:

I just did a headlight restoration on my mothers 2005 Toyota Sienna and they came out pretty clear.  After I polished them, I put LPS on them to protect them.. knowing that the LPS is good for around 6 months, has anyone used like the Ceramic Trim Coating on headlights to help stop them from getting cloudy again?  I was also thinking of getting a spray bomb of clear coat from the local parts place if people think that would give better long term protection.  The van is parked outside 24x7 so protection is needed. 

I spoke with several coating vendors at Mobile Tech Expo about this, and all said you have to sand off the factory coating to have a new coating work effectively.

If you did not sand them, then stick with Paint Sealant every month or so  Repolish as needed.