Customer Service 866.965.0400

What to do after claying

pappy

Question

I will be detailing my daughters 2015 Honda Accord and was needing some expert advice. I plan to strip wash, iron removal, clay, correcting polish, finishing polish, paint sealant, brilliant glaze and than topped with Americano wax. My question is after the claying do I need to rewash or can I go straight to polishing? This will be the first time I have ever detailed a vehicle so any other advice will be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Lee,

You can polish after clay, without doing a wash in between.  If this is your first time using clay, just take your time and use plenty of Detail Spray.  You will be surprised at how good this step alone makes the car look.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, VetteDream said:

Lee,

You can polish after clay, without doing a wash in between.  If this is your first time using clay, just take your time and use plenty of Detail Spray.  You will be surprised at how good this step alone makes the car look.

Good luck!

Thanks VetteDream and Chris for your input. Another question that I just thought of, Is it OK to go directly from the paint sealant application to the Brilliant Glaze to the wax or should I wait an hour or so between applications?