Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Sealant or Wax

TR6speed

Question

I have just started a complete detail on my 2007 Corvette.  I washed it with the Strip Wash dried and then clayed the car.  Next I used the paint correction polish to fix a few spots that had some small swirls.  My next step is to a full Finishing Polish on the car.  I normally will then apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed by Amaricana.  My question is should I use Paint sealant on the car at all and if so before the glaze and wax or after the glaze and wax?

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, TR6speed said:

I have just started a complete detail on my 2007 Corvette.  I washed it with the Strip Wash dried and then clayed the car.  Next I used the paint correction polish to fix a few spots that had some small swirls.  My next step is to a full Finishing Polish on the car.  I normally will then apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze followed by Amaricana.  My question is should I use Paint sealant on the car at all and if so before the glaze and wax or after the glaze and wax?

Using PS first will give it the most longevity. You can then layer BG and Americana or vice versa. This past weekend I did the precise procedure you've started on my daily driver and obtained phenomenal results. PS, BG, then Americana. If your vehicle doesn't travel in dodgy weather, I wouldn't bother with PS.

Edited by ExcellentAmp

9 minutes ago, ExcellentAmp said:

Using PS first will give it the most longevity. You can then layer BG and Americana or vice versa. This past weekend I did the precise procedure you've started on my daily driver and obtained phenomenal results. PS, BG, then Americana. If your vehicle doesn't travel in dodgy weather, I wouldn't bother with PS.

Thanks for the fast reply.  I am retired and the car does spend most of the time in the garage covered, but seeing I was in the beginning stages of the complete detail process I thought maybe now was the time to apply the paint sealant.  I will see rain if I need the car and it is raining I will take it out, but if the wife's car is available I would take it first.  This detail was to have it ready for an annual Corvette show in St Petersburg, but it has been postponed due to the expected weekend rain-out and all the rain we have had in the past week.  that park we were to be at cannot handle cars in the wet condition it is in.  So I will still finish the detail and see what happens.

6 hours ago, TR6speed said:

Recommend you read this for more info to help decide on what to use. Order-wise, go PS first, then either one of BG or Americana next. You'll get different opinions for those two, so it's sort of up to you.

I did a very similar process to you...

Strip

Decon

Clay

Correcting and Finishing Polish

Paint Sealant

Brilliant Glaze

Americana Wax x 2 layers

Putting the Paint Sealant down isn't necessary but if you'd like to wait longer between waxing sessions or the car may see some very hot weather, the polymer sealant is a lot tougher and will maintain the protection even when the Wax is compromised.