Customer Service 866.965.0400

Backing Plate for 4" gray pad

Eric91Z

Question

So a while back I got a 2 pack of the Adam's 4" gray foam pad for machine use with the gray Paint Sealant.  But the 4" pads that I got do not have a full, foam back on them the ones in the pictures on the website.  They have a recessed area in the middle with a small plastic ring around that.  As such, they will not attach or stick to the Porter Cable backing plates at all - small or big backing plate.

Anyone else have the 4" pads with a back like that and if so, what backing plate are you using for them?  I have sent a couple of contact emails to Adam's now, but no responses over the last couple weeks.

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Eric91Z said:

So a while back I got a 2 pack of the Adam's 4" gray foam pad for machine use with the gray Paint Sealant.  But the 4" pads that I got do not have a full, foam back on them the ones in the pictures on the website.  They have a recessed area in the middle with a small plastic ring around that.  As such, they will not attach or stick to the Porter Cable backing plates at all - small or big backing plate.

Anyone else have the 4" pads with a back like that and if so, what backing plate are you using for them?  I have sent a couple of contact emails to Adam's now, but no responses over the last couple weeks.

Have you attempted placing a phone call to their staff?

4 minutes ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Have you attempted placing a phone call to their staff?

I have not as I am usually tied up during the day during their hours - for phone use anyway.

Did get a response from them via Facebook and noted this was an old pad design that they don't use any more.  Needs 3" backing plate - which I don't have.  So just ordering new style pads instead.

That sounds like the old design of the hex-logic pads.  I still use the the green cutting pads with my Rupes Mini for headlights.  They should also work with a SK Mini, or with a 3" backing plate on a Porter-Cable type DA.