Customer Service 866.965.0400

The 2nd American Revolution - Thomas Paine

Adam

Please post your thoughts here once you have watched this my friends. The 2nd US Revolution? Maybe it's time.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Ah yes, welcome to the good ol' U.S.A. The only part of the world where illegal aliens have more rights than citizens. That's something that's driven me nuts for years. It would be nice if something was finally done to give Washington the enema it so desperately needs. Good find Adam. :patriot:

Edited by JJ1o87

He really touched on some good points. One of them being, I think, why a second revolution could never happen: We've become a society that's too materialistic and too willingly distracted. Why start a second revolution when you can play guitar hero on a giant plasma TV, read about celebrities on the front pages of newspapers (instead of ACTUAL news), and buy cell phones that you can watch TV on? Unfortunately, I believe our culture has become way too self-absorbed for a revolution to actually happen. Our national identity...what makes us all Americans...has become skewed and eroded and devalued. The few bright people of conscience who DO want [real] change and want to see America once again regain its sense of self have unfortunately become too few and far between.

At the very least - I just want to see American STUFF again! - Remember when the tag on every American flag actually said "Made in America"???

He really touched on some good points. One of them being, I think, why a second revolution could never happen: We've become a society that's too materialistic and too willingly distracted. Why start a second revolution when you can play guitar hero on a giant plasma TV, read about celebrities on the front pages of newspapers (instead of ACTUAL news), and buy cell phones that you can watch TV on? Unfortunately, I believe our culture has become way too self-absorbed for a revolution to actually happen. Our national identity...what makes us all Americans...has become skewed and eroded and devalued. The few bright people of conscience who DO want [real] change and want to see America once again regain its sense of self have unfortunately become too few and far between.

At the very least - I just want to see American STUFF again! - Remember when the tag on every American flag actually said "Made in America"???

Amen! Another reason I buy Adams stuff. Now if only those pesky towels were made in the states...;)

Where would this revolution come from? The nut job far left? or the nutjob far right? I don't want either leading me in anything. I definitely don't want a country lead by a Rush Limbaugh, and I definitely don't want a country led by a Nancy Polosi. It's bad enough she's in congress.

I agree that our country is in a load of trouble. You can't get reliable news anywhere. It's all go a slant one way or another. Everyone has an agenda, most people are selfish, and far too many people are very ignorant.

I don't know what the solution is but I hope the new administration does. Until we either recover or die off as a country I'm going to just keep buying American as much as I can and working hard. It's the only thing I know how to do that might help.

Until we either recover or die off as a country I'm going to just keep buying American as much as I can and working hard. It's the only thing I know how to do that might help.

Well said Jason :patriot::patriot::patriot:

if they would up the import taxes back to where they were, and stop rewarding us companies sending their production to other coutnries, we would be better off. would make jobs again in the US helping to reduce unemployment rate. the taxes would generate revenue again for the items that will be imported no matter what the taxes are. ive got a family member that was close to retirement from Peavy when the company got a offer from the government to outsource production. government actually paid peavy to start using china manufacturers to make their stuff. so they moved production and laid off everyone out in arkansas where he worked. yeah the government paid for retraining of those employees in whatever field they wanted, but still how dumb is that? government paid peavy to outsource....paid for retraining of all the US employees(even though training means squat if no one is hiring) so more unemployment. seems to me the government was retarded yet again. raise import taxes so the foriegn competitors didnt have so much of an edge over US companies, plus then they wouldnt be using more tax dollars for bs retraining and the reward package that peavy recieved.

i love my country but hate the way the government has become.

If anyone else doesn't feel that way then why are you in this country? I love this country but hate what it has become, it is run by the dumbest people on the planet, for the dumbest people on the planet, most Americans prefer this new America in which I can't stand. This is no regards to anyone here or that has any moral value in their body, or the hard working Americans that keep getting shafted.

• 2 weeks later...