Customer Service 866.965.0400

Premium foam gun noob

Editguy

Question

On my first time using the premium foam gun I had some issues. I was getting way more water then foam coming out of the gun. I tried with and without the little inserts the gun came with but it really didn't change much. The only way I could get it foamy was to unscrew the canister and blast water into it to get it foamy in the canister. I would have to stop and do that like every 30 seconds. I'm going to play around with it some more to see if I can figure out what I was doing wrong.  Is the proper ratio 2 parts water to 1 part soap? Filling the whole canister up seems a waste if you are only foaming one car. Can you start with the gun only 1/3 full?

5 answers to this question

The two tips are supposed to be for high (yellow green) or low (purple) water pressure. Try filling it about 3/4 full with warm water, then add 3-4 ounces of CS. Close the lid, swirl it around, and spray. Once done, pour any remaining soapy water from the gun into your wash bucket so you don't waste it. Sure, you can start with 1/3 full...I guess that would be about 1-2 ounces of CS?

Remember, you won't get thick, foamy suds like the Foam Canon. It's just not made to do that.

23 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

The two tips are supposed to be for high (yellow green) or low (purple) water pressure. Try filling it about 3/4 full with warm water, then add 3-4 ounces of CS. Close the lid, swirl it around, and spray. Once done, pour any remaining soapy water from the gun into your wash bucket so you don't waste it. Sure, you can start with 1/3 full...I guess that would be about 1-2 ounces of CS?

Remember, you won't get thick, foamy suds like the Foam Canon. It's just not made to do that.

I agree with falcaineer. Whatever is left pour in bucket.  I tried both inserts i like the purple one as of now. I will post my pictures of how it looks premium foam gun.

Edited by Speedracerx

53 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

In the front where I wash my car I'm on municipal water and the pressure is on the low side. I'll try it again with the purple tip. I do have a well and pump in the backyard with very good water pressure. I didn't think to try it back there to see if it's a water pressure issue. I would be kind of disappointed if that's really the case because I like the concept of foaming the car but it was a lot of extra work and kind of messy to do it the way I did to make it work.

And yes I did pour it into my wash bucket but I had already had that prepared to go so I was just adding more unnecessary product to the pail. Well I'm brand new at this and I'll learn and adjust.

Edited by Editguy