Customer Service 866.965.0400

Eco vs Old APC?

galaxy

Question

Did a quick search and didn’t find a comparison on this, but what’s the diff?  Thought if this since the old APC is back. Is the old one stronger?  I had a bottle of eco (from a mystery bucket) that I finally used yesterday and it did a darn good job.  I was pleasantly surprised.  

Also kinda asking if either is your go to APC for al those needs.  At $30+ a gallon, neither one of these has been my go-to APC on a daily basis.  Had been using something else that does the job and is substantially cheaper. Is there a reason to spend the money to have this as a daily APC for cleaning tires, engines, undercarriage, and other daily grimy jobs? 

Edited by galaxy

6 answers to this question

For me, the original APC is just better in every way when compared to the Eco and others that are much cheaper.  No scientific reasons, I just like the results.  I love the Eco for general cleaning and use it around the house all the time.  For heavy cleaning of pads, heavy stains, etc. I just love the original APC (even compared to 'Heavy Degreaser' cleaners from other brands.)  I have fortunately had a supply to last me awhile but that did not stop me from ordering a half dozen bottles. 

Here are my main uses:

Cleaning All Polishing Pads / Applicators (no matter the polish and/or product)

Cleaning heavy stained towels (soaking them) before washing (use microfiber cleaner in washing machine as well)

51 minutes ago, tmccoy2236 said:

For me, the original APC is just better in every way when compared to the Eco and others that are much cheaper.  No scientific reasons, I just like the results.  I love the Eco for general cleaning and use it around the house all the time.  For heavy cleaning of pads, heavy stains, etc. I just love the original APC (even compared to 'Heavy Degreaser' cleaners from other brands.)  I have fortunately had a supply to last me awhile but that did not stop me from ordering a half dozen bottles. 

Here are my main uses:

Cleaning All Polishing Pads / Applicators (no matter the polish and/or product)

Cleaning heavy stained towels (soaking them) before washing (use microfiber cleaner in washing machine as well)

Good information and thanks for sharing. I’ve inky used the EAP but ordered some of the OG APC since they brought it back. Really looking forward to trying it out. Should be here next Tue!

Here is an oldie but goodie.  This is when I started using APC for the pads... still miss those Shine Doc series.  The Watercooler Wednesday's look to be fulfilling the void left by Shine Doc but I still really liked that original series.  Taught me a ton.

10 hours ago, galaxy said:

Are you guys diluting either of these?  My current APC is half the price of Adam’s and I still cut it by 1/3 for even the tough grimey jobs like tires and engines.  

You CAN dilute Adams APC but in my experience it should be used full strength. 

The APC I use is about $10 a gallon and I use it 4:1 for tires/engines/fender wells and 10:1 for interior use. 

18 hours ago, tmccoy2236 said:

Here is an oldie but goodie.  This is when I started using APC for the pads... still miss those Shine Doc series.  The Watercooler Wednesday's look to be fulfilling the void left by Shine Doc but I still really liked that original series.  Taught me a ton.

Thanks for sharing this video, good info!!