Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pad choices - did I make a mistake?

JCHall

Question

23 answers to this question

Thanks Jason

From what I hear they are on there way. I got a call from your company today.....and I'm embarrassed to say that I can't recall his name.

They called to let me know that I should have ordered two items differently to save $10, but not to worry they we gonna take care of it.

I can't tell you how much I really appreciate them looking out for me. I'm getting the impression that you guys "shine" in more ways than one!

Jim

the Gen2 pads are certainly an upgrade. Larger, easier to work with, and zero possibility of damage!

Jason,

Are you suggesting that there IS the possibility of damaging something with the use of the Gen1 pads? I have not switched over to the Gen2 pads because my Gen1s are still in great shape. In fact, I still have a black/white pad in the plastic bag that I have not used yet. So, I am concerned about your "zero possibility of damage" comment. Could provide some additional information.

Thanks

Rich

Edited by Rich427

I enjoyed it (it's always more fun watching others work). It sounds like the new style pads will be easier to use on the motorcycle.

Didn't mean to leave in a hurry but I needed to get back I lost track of time.

Thank you all for hosting

Jim

Jason,

Are you suggesting that there IS the possibility of damaging something with the use of the Gen1 pads? I have not switched over to the Gen2 pads because my Gen1s are still in great shape. In fact, I still have a black/white pad in the plastic bag that I have not used yet. So, I am concerned about your "zero possibility of damage" comment. Could provide some additional information.

Thanks

Rich

Rich,

Should have been more clear - sorry about that! No chance of damage with either system - unless you drop the Porter Cable on the car!

I'm a big :loser: on that last post, sorry!

Rich,

Should have been more clear - sorry about that! No chance of damage with either system - unless you drop the Porter Cable on the car!

That's ok.

I sent you a PM this morning. Could you take a look and get back to me.

Thanks Jason!

Rich

Rich,

i THINK i read somewhere if you put to much pressure on the gen1 pads the plastic piece on the inside could slip and the metal adapter can go into the paint? Is that true?

You'd have to be polishing a very sharp point on a vehicle or a raised surface, on a hood, trunk lid, or door panel you can push as hard as you want. There is enough foam that when fully compressed the plastic can't contact the surface.

good to know!:2thumbs:

Why are Adams' Gen II pads in his vids different than mine? Is he THAT special?

Both sets of mine are smooth and his has a waffle like texture to them.

Explain...

The originals I have from when they first released last year are smooth, the new ones I received recently are textured like that. Feels like the same foam, just a new textured pad. Must be better in some fashion or else the Adam's team would not have made the switch.

The originals I have from when they first released last year are smooth, the new ones I received recently are textured like that. Feels like the same foam, just a new textured pad. Must be better in some fashion or else the Adam's team would not have made the switch.

I hear it keeps the slinging down and keeps it cooler :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I hear it keeps the slinging down and keeps it cooler :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It also assist in keeping the wax from building up in one place on the pad thus distributing the polish/wax more uniformly. Adam can verify that but I see similar techniques used by other pad manufacturers for the same purpose.

You'd have to be polishing a very sharp point on a vehicle or a raised surface, on a hood, trunk lid, or door panel you can push as hard as you want. There is enough foam that when fully compressed the plastic can't contact the surface.

wait, i just re read this, the plastic coming in contact is not what i herd. I read that the metal adapter can slip off the plastic and into the paint if to much pressure is applied. And that is the reason for the gen 2, Is that true?

wait, i just re read this, the plastic coming in contact is not what i herd. I read that the metal adapter can slip off the plastic and into the paint if to much pressure is applied. And that is the reason for the gen 2, Is that true?

I never heard any of the stuff that has been brought up in this thread. Where is everyone getting this stuff? Anyone have a source?

I remember Adam saying if you apply to much pressure with the gen1 pads there is a possibilty to break something on the pad. I don't remember exactly what it was but he said it was another reason for the gen2 pads.

:iagree: Adam was the one that said it. i searched through his posts but i couldn't find anything.:mad: