Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help all rims polishing

Detailbuster09

Question

I’m wondering what kind of pads that are out there and kind of machines are out there to do all type of rims an metal polishing .  I’m definitely Noob but  I did some rims on a semi an it turned out OK but I want to get better at polishing all types.  I’m wondering what types of pads, polish and machinery that would help get the job done. So if anybody can give me some advice let me know thank you

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Detailbuster09 said:

I’m wondering what kind of pads that are out there and kind of machines are out there to do all type of rims an metal polishing .  I’m definitely Noob but  I did some rims on a semi an it turned out OK but I want to get better at polishing all types.  I’m wondering what types of pads, polish and machinery that would help get the job done. So if anybody can give me some advice let me know thank you

The Swirl Killer Mini and/or Micro, Compound and Polish, and pads. For uncoated metal, Metal Polish 1 and 2 and microfiber applicator pads...and elbow grease!

Lots of variables. What type of wheels are you thinking of polishing. If it's semi wheels, aluminum?

Stock OEM wheels?

Painted/Clear Coated?

Chrome?

Raw Aluminum?

Each would take different processes, with some overlap.

20 hours ago, BRZN said:

Lots of variables. What type of wheels are you thinking of polishing. If it's semi wheels, aluminum?

Stock OEM wheels?

Painted/Clear Coated?

Chrome?

Raw Aluminum?

Each would take different processes, with some overlap.

Never thought that deep on that.  I’m starting to do more semi trucks an they want the rims an things around the semi. Then on the other hand polishing Crome on cars a trucks is some ppl wanting done.  I’m in the process of learning to do them all but it’s a new learning thing each da