Customer Service 866.965.0400

blackberry discontinues the storm

6spdg37s

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-officially-discontinued

heres the link..you need to read the entire article and look at the pics pretty intense..ive never heard a company speak about their own product like that before! :lurk:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Honestly, I can't really say I'm surprised at this one little bit, although the timing really does seem obscene to me. But at the same time maybe not so much. I was kind of curious as to why there were very little applications in the BlackBerry App World designed for the Storm, when one would have thought RIM would be wanting to push as many applications as they could out for their latest and freshest device.

But alas, we got the confirmation not too long ago from Kevin down in Vegas for CTIA who overheard some RIM employees talking about why there are so little apps there. The answer? Basically because well, the Storm will not be around for that much longer. All stores were told to clear out their inventory as soon as possible and the only information given is that device will shortly be discontinued to make way for a new and (hopefully) much improved touch screen BlackBerry, but the Storm will still have support from RIM for at least a few more months. Best yet, K-Dawg managed to snap some photos of the replacement device!! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WOW!!! I was pretty underwhelmed with it. My iPhone is hard to beat IMO. I've had a lot of PDA phones and this one is hands down the easiest and best I've had.

Obviously a product rushed to market too soon all in the name of turning a profit. A few more months of R&D would make the Storm a great phone, but the ones we were issued at work are absolutely terrible. I tossed mine in a drawer a week after being given it and went back to paying for my own service on sprint w/ a Samsung Instinct.

I will say that the new firmware update for the Storm DOES make it a lot better. It's BS that Verizon doesn't allow it to utilize the WI-FI capabilities. THAT is what I love about my iPhone. Now with Skype and WI-FI I can make long distance calls over seas for nearly nothing and chat or IM for free!

I like BB in general though.

I just bought my Fiance' a Samsung Delve. Pretty nice phone and it cost me 50 bucks!

yea dylan i completely agree with you on that as well...blackberry hopefully learned there lesson..the touchscreen game just isnt for them...supposedly dropping a new phone soon its a cross between the bold and the curve for VZW..rumors have it