Customer Service 866.965.0400

portable water tank

killr68

Question

does anybody here use a plastic portable water tank. if so , what brand and how big ? i will be doing some car washes at an office complex and want to know if there will be enough pressure just using a pressure washer? thanks guys. and girls !!:cheers:

13 answers to this question

Years ago when I was still doing mobile work I bought my tank from Peabody Engineering. Really nice, had a secure locking fill cap and didn't flex or contort under the stress of sloshing water.

Can't remember what I paid for it exactly but it was pretty reasonable.

http://etanks1.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=944562&cid=327514&tc=09040521514809435&kw=6295721&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=etanks1.reachlocal.net&se_refer=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com%252Fsearch%253Fq%253Ddetail%252Btrailer%252Bwater%252Btank%2526sourceid%253Dnavclient-ff%2526ie%253DUTF-8%2526rlz%253D1B3GGGL_enUS264US265

no need for a picture. thank you though. i do like the peabody tanks. i just need like a 25 gallon or so. i just need to know if the gravity will be enough to get it to the power washer and will it have enough pressure ?

On my washer (2000 psi, 2gpm) I could not get gravity to feed it the pressure washer enough. I even put my tank on a stand. I bought a 12v pump and battery and hooked it up, that way I have enough gpm to the pressure washer so it doesn't burn out, and also can fill a bucket with water if I need to.

The biggest thing you want to make sure of is that you get enough gpm to your washer (at least for what it is rated). You do not have to worry about how much pressure you have to the pressure washer. Hope that helps, any more questions, let me know.

Just search for a 12v water pump. I got mine at Tractor Supply, you can also look at northern tool (I would have bought it there, but I went to the store and they didn't have any in stock and I needed it, you can purchase online though). It is very similar to water pumps in an RV. Just make sure that it has a 3/4" garden hose hookup for both inlet and outlet. They have some with barbs, but I like being able to unhook it when I want.

Edited by Superior Suds

I figure I have a 50 gallon tank, pressure washer runs at 2 gpm, so I have about 20 minutes of water through my pressure washer. I would love a bigger tank, a 90 gallon would be great, this tank came with the trailer (I bought it from someone who was getting out of detailing). That's one way of how you could figure out how big of a tank you need. I can do 2 average cars with my tank and pump. Hope this helps.