Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratched Glass - how can I fix?

TOBASCO

Question

My wife tried cleaning bugs off her windshield with a soft bright sponge, using the green "soft" side, thinking it wouldn't scratch anything.  Well, you know the answer.

Is getting rid of light scratching on a glass windshield similar to getting light scratches out of a paint coat?  If so, what specific products would you recommend to use and how to use?  I've got a pretty good collection of Adams products to choose from so fire away.

Thanks for you help!!

3 answers to this question

I am surprised any home cleaning product affected that windshield so severely, I use those type products often.  I would recommend polishing with the aggressive pad/polish combinations you have on hand to see if it helps.   

As Guz said, actually removing scratches (usually from wipers) is a grueling process.

OK, thanks for your responses.  I've looked at some YouTube videos and the ones that use cerium oxide seem to be the way to go, albeit usually combined with some polishing compound.  My questions is would you recommend any specific combo of products?  And what are glass pads?  Curious mind.... :)