Customer Service 866.965.0400

Should a graphene ceramic coating be waxed?

ArcticC5

Question

What other shine products does it make sense to apply over a graphene ceramic coated (and cured) car?  Does it make sense to apply, say, Adam's Patriot Wax or Ceramic Coating Wax?  Or should graphene ceramic coatings be left as the top coat, occasionally wiped down with graphene detail spray or application of graphene booster?   How about use of H2O Guard and Gloss after washing?

4 answers to this question

Graphene ceramic coatings are most appropriately left as top coatings, occasionally wiped down with graphene detail spray or application of graphene booster.  When properly installed and cured, ceramic coatings prevent most things from bonding to them.  If you can get them to "stick," Patriot and H2OGG would actually be steps backwards in protection and shine. 

For your stated use on graphene ceramic coated surfaces, I recommend products that clean and/or extend the life of the graphene coating, like Graphene ShampooGraphene Detail Spray, and Graphene CS3.  

I haven't used Slick & Slide, because all my vehicles are ceramic coated, so I have no first-hand experience with it.  Its description as a "hyper-slick polymer detail spray" tells me it's more suited to use on surfaces protected by Sealant than Ceramic Coatings.  

My best advice is to not over-think this.  Graphene ceramic coatings are the most durable and hydrophobic top coatings Adam's sells for non-professional detailers like most of us.  IMO, they provide the most bang-for-the-buck.  If you're using a graphene ceramic coating, you should choose complementary products that optimize its appearance and maximize its lifespan.

5 hours ago, ArcticC5 said:

Or should graphene ceramic coatings be left as the top coat, occasionally wiped down with graphene detail spray or application of graphene booster?   

Stick with something like the graphene detail spray or CS3.  Both can be used as a drying aid and both work well.  I would recommend to stay away from a wax as the wax masks the beauty of the actual coating.  In some instances I have experienced that a ceramic wax interferes in some way with the hydrophobic behavior of the actual coating and they never come back.  Thus I would say stick with one of the spray products to get the best performance. 

46 minutes ago, ArcticC5 said:

Thanks for your advice; it makes sense.

What do you think of Adam's "Slick and Slide" product applied to a graphene ceramic coated surface?

Slick & Slide works well with coatings.  I have used it before without any issues.