Customer Service 866.965.0400

Protection for Turo rental cars that go through automated car washes

Edub

Question

Hi guys. I need some advice on how to best treat my Turo rental car fleet. I like the idea of applying a ceramic coating on my vehicles, but the issue is several renters will run the vehicle through an automated car wash upon vehicle return. I can’t control the type of car washes they go to and I don’t have brushless car washes in my area. I’ve heard several horror stories of ceramic coatings getting damaged or stripped through excessive automated car washes. I also like easy maintenance and don’t want to consistently have to reapply ceramic coatings. What do you recommend for treating my vehicles that will be easy to maintain? Should I just stick to old fashion wax? Or even wax and just maintain using Adams Graphene detail spray. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks I’m advance.

1 answer to this question

Ceramic coat is always better than wax and easier to maintain, but there's really nothing you can do about damage done by car washes. About the best advice I can give you is to put it in your rental contratct that they are not to use any automated car wash or they'll be charged extra.