Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two Part Question

TR6speed

Question

First what is the shelf like of the UV Ceramic Spray coating and also the Advanced Graphene Spray coating?  They have been capped of, did not leave the sprayer in the bottle after use.

Second.  I bought this car about 3 months ago.  I clay bared it, buffed it and applied a coat of glaze then a coat of Patriot Wax.  Since than it has had one full wash as it is not driven much, I simply have been able to use the new Waterless Wash and on occasion a coat of Brilliant Glaze and also some time a quick spray of Detail Spray after the waterless wash. So, this is my question.  What should I do before I apply the ceramic or graphene?  Do I need to buff it again?  Do a strip wash and buff or a simply wipe down with the surface prep? 

1 answer to this question

I've seen shelf life of up to a year, but you should check them for any unusual settling, coagulation or curing in the bottle. If you can shake it an it looks "normal," you should be good.

It's always best to completely clean and strip the surface bare before applying a coating. I'd recommend a strip wash and Surface Prep, at a minimum. Clay and Iron Remover should also be considered, a lot can happen in 3 months.