Customer Service 866.965.0400

Maintaining a different brand ceramic coating

RoamPT

Question

Hey folks. I recently had a very small fender bender(not my fault thankfully) that due to the complicated white color of my car to match they repainted both fenders and hood so the bumper color would match(it all looks fantastic by the way). So insurance approved ceramic coating to be redone. My question is now, I want to maintain it with Adam's(obviously, as all my products at home are from Adam's). It's a 5 year ceramic coating that is still currently being cured and I'm picking up the car today. So what are my options? Am I good to coat with Ceramic boost to protect it? Use my regular Adam's shampoo? Thanks.

PFA

20221109_164629.jpg

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, RoamPT said:

Great! One more, I do have the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. Is that a viable and better solution? Either one I have no issues using. Just wondering what will be best! Cheers!

No. That's a true ceramic coating and not a routine maintenance product.

13 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

E

Either, work Graphene Boost higher end. 

Great! One more, I do have the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating. Is that a viable and better solution? Either one I have no issues using. Just wondering what will be best! Cheers!

14 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

No. That's a true ceramic coating and not a routine maintenance product.

Makes sense yes. Would it make sense apply it on top of this one for more protection and then maintain it onwards? Or just stick to maintain it as it is?

2 hours ago, RoamPT said:

Makes sense yes. Would it make sense apply it on top of this one for more protection and then maintain it onwards? Or just stick to maintain it as it is?

My recommendation is to maintain as is. When layering ceramic coatings the law of diminishing returns applies. Adding 2+ layers does not equate to 2x+ protection. That said, if you still want to, be sure to completely clean and likely clay it beforehand, apply maybe once a year or so. But I don't see much benefit in doing that.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

My recommendation is to maintain as is. When layering ceramic coatings the law of diminishing returns applies. Adding 2+ layers does not equate to 2x+ protection. That said, if you still want to, be sure to completely clean and likely clay it beforehand, apply maybe once a year or so. But I don't see much benefit in doing that.

Fair point. I will stick with just ceramic boost. I have a bottle of the first ceramic boost version so I will just use it for now.

11 hours ago, The Guz said:

Either one is fine.  Use what you have.  CS3 would be another good option.

Thank you!