Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing dust off waxed truck...

Layson

Question

What is the best way to remove a thin layer of dust off of a freshly waxed vehicle? After spending all that time buffing out all the fine scratches I don't want to do scratch it all over again... But I also don't want to have to wash the dang thing just becuase of a small layer of dust.

Any help would be great!:cheers:

12 answers to this question

3- 5 Adams polishing MF towels and their Detail Spray!

Keep flipping the towel and stop using it when it's a little dirty.

You can't keep them off but you can reduce the amount you put into the paint.

the other replies hit it on the head - go with Detail Spray (the amount of which based on the amount of dust) and Adams microfiber.

Also, something that I learned the hard way is that it pays-off to use a ladder to get the roof of the truck. If you find yourself standing on the running board or something you will risk leaning up against the door frame with your clothing, etc. I have found spots of minor scratching that is 100% attributable to leaning on it in jeans or even a cheap cotton t-shirt...better safe than sorry...

the other replies hit it on the head - go with Detail Spray (the amount of which based on the amount of dust) and Adams microfiber.

Also, something that I learned the hard way is that it pays-off to use a ladder to get the roof of the truck. If you find yourself standing on the running board or something you will risk leaning up against the door frame with your clothing, etc. I have found spots of minor scratching that is 100% attributable to leaning on it in jeans or even a cheap cotton t-shirt...better safe than sorry...

I know what you mean. I have a nice set of aluminum scaffolding to get to the hard to reach places. :2thumbs: I have only done half the roof of the truck. Have not touched the canopy yet... :help: that will be fun...

I lightly go over with the Cal. duster ,then Detail Spray with the new blue micro towel ! I do this after every drive !

This is how I do my vette before I take a cruise unless I'm going to wash the car. The California Duster is going away and I am going to use more of my microfiber towels which I always wash and dry after using them anyway!

P.S. My Adams BSG with the microfiber applicator pads arrived today:thumbsup:

Edited by livingwater

What is the best way to remove a thin layer of dust off of a freshly waxed vehicle? After spending all that time buffing out all the fine scratches I don't want to do scratch it all over again... But I also don't want to have to wash the dang thing just becuase of a small layer of dust.

Any help would be great!:cheers:

On a thin layer of dust, my California Duster is all I usually need... I save the detail spray for moderate amounts of dust... But I guess that is partly dependent on your definition of thin and moderate....:patriot: