Customer Service 866.965.0400

For you professional detailers, what do you charge

BrandonL

Question

So I'm thnking about posting up flyers on campus advertising detail service to pick up some extra money. Obviously I'm no professional but I'm confident that I can offer the right service to college kids (and faculty) for the right price and hone up my skills in the process. So for those of you that do this professionally what do you charge? Thanks for any information :cheers:

Pepperdine Eh? I've got a friend that goes there and he loves it.

As for charging for detailing I beleive that you could make some money at it if you market yourself right. (most) kids aren't going to want a full blown detail and a simply wash/tires/vaccuum/dash wipe off would be most of your business. Anyways I've found after a really good wash and wipedown with DS most cars I do look better than most peoples cars AFTER they wax them.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm defiantly conscious about how long each job will take and the fact I'm marketing to college kids. What I think I'm going to do is take the suggestion of putting together a price list of a bunch of small things that will probably sell more and then put a few detailing packages together as well. It's difficult for me to put together pricing packages because, though it is a school, it is a very "rich" school with students driving new high end vehicles and receiving large allowances from their parents (unfortunately I'm not one of them, I'm a financial aid charity case :) ). Soooo I think I'm going to start low, build a business, and then go higher on prices when I get a solid customer base set up and when the economy turns around a bit. Thanks for all the tips guys, please keep them coming :cheers:

Brandon what school did you go to from the Seattle Area? I would think at Pepperdine because of the seemingly nice weather and the newer cars they wouldn't be too bad (the outsides at least) to detail and you could usually do them pretty quickly.

Shane, in Seattle I graduated from Auburn High School in '01. Then I spent some time working and went back to Green River Community College. From there I moved to LA, went to a local city college here and transferred to Pepperdine. Most of the cars here aren't all that bad. The big thing is the sun and the sea air since the school is right off the beach. There is some fading and oxidizing happening on the paint of some cars here but it's really not too horrid