Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st nice weekend in Michigan - New Guy

myturn89

Question

Alright. The time has come. My first time with the tools and PC to fully detail the vette. Below is a quick summary of my plan and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated:

Friday night: Wash and clay the vette. Question: can i just leave the detail spray on the car overnight? do i have to wash prior to saturday's events?

Saturday (all day): SH removal, FMP and finally machine superwax

How does the plan sound?

8 answers to this question

Hey Rez, first welcome to the forums.

If at all possible, I would try and wash and clay in the same day as everything else. If not, then I would not leave the detail spray on overnight. Also I would wash again in the morning due to pollen, road dust, or other things landing on the paint. Don't want them on there or you will marr the finish. Now I am assuming it will be parked outside, but in a garage, I can see not washing it again, but I would not leave the DS on the car.

I wouldn't leave the detail spray on overnight. You'll be using the detail spray with the clay and then just wipe down with a rag till morning.

Maybe add a little bit of Revive to the Swirl and Haze Remover when you put it on to add some depth. After that.......you're good with your plan.

wait..so we're not supposed to be using these???

2639666456_8eefb6ce22.jpg

:loser:

--------

Rez, You can certainly do the wash and clay one day and the polish/wax the next, but as suggested above, wipe off the Detail Spray residue after claying. If you leave it on overnight it will dry into pink spots. The spots will come off, but it would add an extra step for you the next day when I'm sure you would want to just jump right into the polishing. Do however, go over the car quickly with a microfiber towel the next day before polishing to remove any dust that may have fallen on the car overnight.

And don't forget to take pictures, everybody here loves pictures :thumbsup:

Edited by GerryC

I wouldn't leave the detail spray on overnight. You'll be using the detail spray with the clay and then just wipe down with a rag till morning.

Maybe add a little bit of Revive to the Swirl and Haze Remover when you put it on to add some depth. After that.......you're good with your plan.

:iagree:With Rich 100% post up some pics when your done:cheers:

1st day down - thanks for everyone's help. I do have some questions for tomorrow activities:

I am going to SHR, FMP and then Machine super wax. Gotta watch some videos. But my question is in between each of these items do i need to just use a micro-fiber towel to wipe off the excess?

i am pretty stoked so i hope the first day goes well. the car already looks better after the wash and clay. i had some marks on the convertible top that have been there for a while. I have a removable hard top that during the fall/winters leaves a huge seal mark, but the clay really did a great job taking that off......:rockon: