Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I sometimes use Graphene Detail Spray but other times use Slick & Slide on a graphene coated car

MoeD

Question

I have my car coated with Adam’s Advanced Graphene Coating, I have used Adams Graphene Detail Spray as a toper after a car wash and do like it, but after seeing what Adam’s Slick & Slide did to my wife’s car that is not ceramic coated, I like Slick & Slide slickness better.  My 1st question is, can I use slick & slide on my graphene coated car?, if yes can mix my usage by sometimes using the graphene detail spray but other times using slick & slide?

7 answers to this question

MoeD, when you have time, you should look through the Adam's Polishes channel on YouTube. There are several helpful videos dealing with Graphene Ceramic Coating (including maintenance). I have saved several in my own custom playlist to use as a quick reference. I have never used Slick and Slide but I keep hearing great things- I'm going to try it. Also, The Guz is right- sure you can.

In my opinion, this is a can vs. should. Can you? Sure. Should you? I think you should stay in the same product family especially when you have a coating. Otherwise, the topper is masking the properties of the coating that you worked hard to get. Slick & Slide is a polymer based product, while there are a variety of products in the Graphene lineup better suited to maintain your coating.

Thank you all for your help. I just started digging around on the YouTube channel to see if there's already something using 'Slick and Slide' on a car with Adams Advanced Graphene Coating on it. While I continue my search, I thought I'd reach out here for any recommendations. If anyone could point me towards specific videos or resources that cover this, I'd really appreciate it. Hoping to tap into the collective expertise of this forum to make sure I'm on the right track.

Thanks in advance for any help!

@falcaineer if we are speaking about masking the coating, technically those graphene products will also mask the performance of the base layer coating with their own protection.  

@MoeD you can use slick & slide on any coating.  B&B blending sells this as slip stream among other names which contains SiO2 which is a common ingredient in ceramic coatings.  

5 hours ago, The Guz said:

@falcaineer if we are speaking about masking the coating, technically those graphene products will also mask the performance of the base layer coating with their own protection.  

@MoeD you can use slick & slide on any coating.  B&B blending sells this as slip stream among other names which contains SiO2 which is a common ingredient in ceramic coatings.  

Yes, but their properties and how they'll behave are much closer since they also contain Graphene resins like in the coatings, albeit in much lower concentrations. Like I said, any can be used, but in my opinion staying within the same product family is a better choice.

Slick & Slide does not have a silicate resin, it's a reactive polymer that will behave similarly since it crosslinks and cures. Not arguing, just relaying more accurate info.

Thank you once again for your assistance. Personally, I believe that Slick and Slide provides a much smoother finish, and cars treated with it tend to accumulate less dust. Currently, my car is coated with Adam's Advanced Graphene, and I plan to maintain it using Graphene Detail Spray or Graphene CS3.

My wife's car, on the other hand, is treated with Adam's H2O Guard and supplemented with Slick and Slide. As a result, her car not only appears more polished, but also feels significantly smoother compared to mine. If I persistently perceive this difference, I plan to experiment with using Slick and Slide on a section of my car to determine whether it improves the situation or exacerbates it.