Customer Service 866.965.0400

Visible high spots in certain lighting

essdee

Question

Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I ceramic coated my car myself with Adams Advanced Graphene ceramic coating 2 weeks ago. It was the first time I ever did this - took me 2 full days to do it from washing, claying, buffing, wiping to coating. The outcome was overall satisfying but after 4-5 days I started noticing the hood shows high spots at quite some places especially in low light situations (before sunset time). In bright sunshine its barely visible. I wanted to know if this is expected to show after few days and what are my options of fixing this - reapplying will fix it or will I need to rebuff the hood? If I keep it as, how long will the high spots go on its own? 

Please advise.

Thanks! 

5 answers to this question

First, welcome to the forum!

High spots are possible, even for people that have done coatings forever. Seeing them when it's overcast or in low light situations is also common, and even more so on dark colored cars. Guessing yours is black or dark? They won't go away on their own, at least not anytime soon. But don't worry, all is not lost.

Here's a video with some guidelines, don't necessarily pay attention to the timelines as much as the steps.

@falcaineer I had a question regarding the video, at the end it was said you can use the graphene spray to remove the coating. Is that really removing the coating or just the high spots? Because I would like to try that first before polishing and other steps. Also in my case would that even be applicable or I would need to polish it. Please do let me know. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, essdee said:

@falcaineer I had a question regarding the video, at the end it was said you can use the graphene spray to remove the coating. Is that really removing the coating or just the high spots? Because I would like to try that first before polishing and other steps. Also in my case would that even be applicable or I would need to polish it. Please do let me know. Thanks in advance.

Only the high spots, not the coating. The general rule is to start least aggressive, so you're on the right track with using that early in the process.