Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deionized Water Benefits lost with metal contact?

Verbosity1

Question

Hey Folks,
I was talking to a local water expert (so they say), and they claimed that using a water dionizer for car washing, that the beneifits are instantly 100% completely lost if the water comes into contact with certain kinds of common metals (like if the dionized water feeds past a brass hose bib). Does anyone here know what this local guy was talking about? I was thinking of pulling the trigger on deionized water for car washing, but dont' want to lose the benefits because I was dumb :) thanks in advanced!

-Ben

5 answers to this question

I'm not a "water expert," but I've never heard this from any customers and I've seen the Deionizer work when run through the hose and snub nose attachment. The end result? The water reads 0.0ppm, as designed. Adam's also offers a 110% satisfaction guarantee so there's no risk for you to try it out and be your own judge.

On 4/2/2024 at 3:10 PM, Verbosity1 said:

Hey Folks,
I was talking to a local water expert (so they say), and they claimed that using a water dionizer for car washing, that the beneifits are instantly 100% completely lost if the water comes into contact with certain kinds of common metals (like if the dionized water feeds past a brass hose bib). Does anyone here know what this local guy was talking about? I was thinking of pulling the trigger on deionized water for car washing, but dont' want to lose the benefits because I was dumb :) thanks in advanced!

-Ben

I agree 100% with Falcaineer on this. I've had the dual media unit with the bypass and it's a serious game changer in terms of water spots! I've got Eley hose and quick couplers that are brass and have not seen any issues because of them. I've saved major time in my maintenance washes with this device as well. I highly recommend it if you have hard water. I only use the DI water for my final pooling rinse with the hose to save on the media longevity as well. Hope this helps!

Since the water reads 0.0 ppm, the water will pull minerals out of any metal it touches!  Having said that, you’d have to run A LOT of water through a brass fitting before it disappeared.  

On 4/3/2024 at 9:39 PM, BrianT said:

Since the water reads 0.0 ppm, the water will pull minerals out of any metal it touches!  Having said that, you’d have to run A LOT of water through a brass fitting before it disappeared.  

That is interesting BrianT. I've got 3 brass fittings on the DI outstream hose for my final rinse. Thanks for the input here.