Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Chip Repair

Cyclone

Question

22 answers to this question

I tested this on my Intrepid, in the link below on page 1 has what I ordered, page 3 shows what I got in my order, page 4 shows some before and after shots, I was impressed by the results, plus it was only 60 dollars.

Paint chip repair review

what happens if you only need to one spot. I have been lookin at this also for a while because i cannot find my color in other product that are out there.

what happens if you only need to one spot. I have been lookin at this also for a while because i cannot find my color in other product that are out there.

Well as I learned in the Army "It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it" - it was only 60 dollars, I've spent more on worse. Also it goes a very long way, it may not look like it, but it does.

Did you just do one coat or did you have to do the process multiple times?

Nope, one coat did it for the hood, I had a bad scrape on the side and it did take 2 passes, I don't even notice it now.

Tried it out last night on my car. Doesn't work! I first let the paint dry for 2 minutes as per instructions and the stuff came right off in step 2. Then I let dry for 5 minutes - same result. THEN, I tried letting it dry for an hour. It came right off again. I want my money back.

Nope, one coat did it for the hood, I had a bad scrape on the side and it did take 2 passes, I don't even notice it now.

You said that once you got the hang of it that it was easier. What did you do to make it easier to apply? This product really interests me :cheers:

Tried it out last night on my car. Doesn't work! I first let the paint dry for 2 minutes as per instructions and the stuff came right off in step 2. Then I let dry for 5 minutes - same result. THEN, I tried letting it dry for an hour. It came right off again. I want my money back.

Just curious but did you remove any wax first? That could be a issue as far as it not staying on

Either that or some diluted APC will probably do the trick just fine. I don't know too much about paint touch up but I have heard from many people that in order to do it you need to strip off any wax that is in the area it's applied to. And if you are like the rest of us lunatics on this site you probably have a very fresh layer of wax on it right now :lolsmack:

I say strip off the wax and give it another shot :2thumbs:

Either that or some diluted APC will probably do the trick just fine. I don't know too much about paint touch up but I have heard from many people that in order to do it you need to strip off any wax that is in the area it's applied to. And if you are like the rest of us lunatics on this site you probably have a very fresh layer of wax on it right now :lolsmack:

I say strip off the wax and give it another shot :2thumbs:

Lol clearly you didn't see my page long post about my twelve hour detail. So yeah very fresh wax on it. I will give that a shot - thanks bro!

Before I bought this product, I called them and asked a lot of questions, one of the first was the wax question, yes you need to remove any polish and wax prior to use, if you don't it will be sitting on top of the wax and won't stick to anything.

I bought and used that kit years ago. Did it work for me? Not bad. Let me put it this way: I haven't bought another one. I've done just as good a job with the manufacturer's touch-up paint, a toothpick, and a small hobby paint brush with most of the bristles cut out. But, hey, I'm no pro.

I just tried out the Langka system and it works very well...I'm in the middle of fixing a pretty good sized chip on my hood (down to the sheet metal). I will post results after I'm done...but so far so good.

Hi. I ordered a kit for my Beamer in Apr. Tried it in a few spots on the hood with fairly good results. I haven't tried it on the scrape on the driver's side door yet... Did you use a t-shirt rag, cloth, or actually brush/dab it and wipe with your thumb and included glove?

Edited by BlueSteel530i

Does anyone have before/after pics of chips using this product. I just finished fixing several chips with langka and I thought it worked pretty well, however for bigger chips wet sanding still yeilds better results.

I'm completely fed up with this crap product. Dr. Color Chip DOES NOT WORK! I even clay barred and used rubbing alcohol on the chip before I applied the stuff this time and guess what - it still DOESN'T WORK! I'm going to send them a nasty email now.