Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana: First Application & Review

Team Adam's

Question

This stuff is terrible!! Don't bother ordering it!!

HAHA, fooled you didn't I? :jester:

Actually quite the opposite, after just a few hours with this new product I am absolutely in love with it. Application was smooth and easy, the wax itself seems very easy to spread and the custom applicator is so perfect its hard to even find words to describe how much I enjoyed using it. I can say this is this is the easiest paste wax I have ever used.

Cure times seemed reasonable. I was working in ambient temps (shaded) of between 72-77 and the wax was ready to buff off after approx 10-15 minutes on each panel.

The BONUS white polishing towel is phenomenal.... perfect towel for paste removal. The blue MF, as much as I love it, isn't really well suited for this job. Having Adam include this with the purchase was like having a sommelier at a fine restaurant select that perfect bottle of wine to go with your meal. Down the line if this towel is not included with the purchase of Americana I HIGHLY recommend you purchase one.

Finish is unbelievable, and this was just a quick application after a wash, I will still have to perform a full detail and start from the ground up with Americana, but the results in even this quick application truely speak for themselves. Glossy, wet, and with tons of depth... I'll hesitate to make any "Better than brand X" statements until I have time to perform a true side by side test, but for the price Americana appears to be the hands down favorite to be the best paste wax at its pricepoint or prices much higher.

Adam, you have once again managed to take attributes that seem to be opposites in the world of detailing and brought them together in one product. This truly is an easy to use paste wax, for a reasonable price, with phenomenal results... you sir have turned the market upside down with this one. Congrats to you and your team.

Enjoy the show, these were taken under some pretty harsh mid day light, I'll attempt to get some in softer lighting this weekend :cheers:

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4978.jpg

DSC_4979.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4989.jpg

DSC_4992.jpg

And I'll close with this shot... no this isn't a self portrait... that actually is the reflection in my passenger door :D

DSC_4984.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS

Hi Guys!

Question. I have the buttery wax and the Americana on order. In which order should I apply each one? Also, can the MSW be applied by hand? Should I be using the MSW instead of the buttery? I'm pretty new at this so sorry If these are dumb questions. I have a 2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic Z06 and want the absolute best shine and maximum protection.

Thanks!!

Steve

:2thumbs:

Personally I'd just choose between buttery and americana, don't bother using both.

Obviously if you've spent the money for the Americana that would be the better choice as it will look better and offer more durability than buttery.

As for MSW, yes... you CAN apply it by hand, but I wouldn't recommend it... it really is a pain in the a$$ to work with by hand.

For best shine and maximum protection I'd go multiple layers of Americana.

Thanks Dylan!

If I already have the buttery wax on should I strip it off first or can I apply the americana over the buttery wax?

Thanks!!

Steve

No need to strip it off :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok.....another quick question. I will probably have to clay my car first so if I do that should I wash the car again before I apply the americana or can I go straight to the americana? Also, can this be applied to my wheels as well or is there a different product I should be using to "protect" my wheels. I have the Green cleaner but I am afraid of getting chips on my wheels so i'd like to try and minimize that as much as possible.

BTW....kick *** pictures dylan! Can't wait to put it on my Z06!

Thanks!!

Steve

:thumbsup:

After claying you should polish, and use swirl&haze remove if you have any swirl marks you want to get rid of before waxing the car. Revive Polish does a great job of clearing up the paint and bringing the color out, then the wax will "lock in" all the hard work you did and add the dripping wet shine.

Most people use the following steps: wash, clay, swirl&haze, polish, wax. Just make sure before you wax, that you remove the polish residue from the car

Where in CT are you?