Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I used VRT on my dash

IMADreamer

Question

I'd heard of people doing it and had yet to try it myself, but today at lunch I had a few spare minutes and I decided it was time. Well I'm impressed. It's such a great look, not greasy just black. I will finish the rest of the interior tonight and try and take a few pics. This is the look I've been trying to get for 3 years now on this dash and my search is over.

Thanks Adam's for another awesome product!

25 answers to this question

I'd heard of people doing it and had yet to try it myself, but today at lunch I had a few spare minutes and I decided it was time. Well I'm impressed. It's such a great look, not greasy just black. I will finish the rest of the interior tonight and try and take a few pics. This is the look I've been trying to get for 3 years now on this dash and my search is over.

Thanks Adam's for another awesome product!

Glad you like the results,

The v.r.t will keep it protected and new looking for a long time. I like the leather conditioner on my dash. My dash is grey instead of black so it does not shine as much as yours might with the leather conditioner.

Glad you like the results,

The v.r.t will keep it protected and new looking for a long time. I like the leather conditioner on my dash. My dash is grey instead of black so it does not shine as much as yours might with the leather conditioner.

Steve is your dash plastic or is it leather(hense the reason you are using the leather conditioner.

I used ICE for a long time but nothing compares to the Vrt. So i use the Ice on my dads truck instead of mine. And does any one know if you can use Vrt on you instrument panel on the clear plastic. I myself dont think you can but i know with the ice you could.

The problem down here is that if their dash does not shine, you didn't do it. So VRT it is on the dash, if only so I don't have to take the 20 minutes to explain that the lack of shine does not equal lack of protection........ thanks a LOT Armor All......

I cant seem to make up my mind on which I prefer: shiny-as-can-be and almost greazy looking or a more flat or matte black. Its like it depends on my mood or something. So what I usually do is lay the VRT on nice and thick, live with it super shiny for a couple days and then go over it with a MF to remove some of the gloss...

I go for the flat look so VRT (and all products) stay off my dash. I don't like the glare they cause plus I think they make the plastic or vinyl look cheaper than they already do. I do use it on the outside and it IS the best I've used. A uber low shine formula would be the bomb!

Chris

Steve is your dash plastic or is it leather(hense the reason you are using the leather conditioner.

Hi Jesse,

Since it has taken me 6 days to answer your question I will turn this:

it is plastic

into this:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: IT IS PLASTIC! YEAH!:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Hi Jesse,

Since it has taken me 6 days to answer your question I will turn this:

it is plastic

into this:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon: IT IS PLASTIC! YEAH!:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

II was just wondering why you used Leather conditoner on it. But the other guys explain why to me.

Question: For a black dash what works better?

VRT or Leather conditioner

Also, How do you get to the dash where it meets the windshield without getting product on the window?

On my C6 corvette you can barely fit your finger tips between the dash and windshield.

Edited by livingwater

Also, How do you get to the dash where it meets the windshield without getting product on the window?

On my C6 corvette you can barely fit your finger tips between the dash and windshield.

;)

foam+brushes.jpg

I use these types of brushes. Easily found at most home improvement or hobby stores.

Just run a small bead of VRT on one side of the pointed edge, then spread it around with your finger so it covers the whole edge. Apply it, and then use another dry or less-saturated brush to do the wiping off of the excess VRT.

Also, grab a piece of posterboard 8.5 x 11 to hold against your glass while reaching in there with the brush. Very cheap, and very effective. Hope this helps.

Question: For a black dash what works better?

VRT or Leather conditioner

I used the VRT on the gray dash of my Ranger. Worked great:2thumbs:

Made a mistake of using it on the rubber floor. Makes them very slippery when getting in. I'm not sure if I'll use it on the floor again.