Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thinking of going 'black out'

mc2hill

Hi guys,

Having seen how good some of the members rides looked 'blacked out' (Dylan06ss, jub jub, RS) I decided to give photoshop a try and have some before and after of what my truck may look like. I am thinking of having the wheels powder-coated, painting the roof rack (black or charcoal gray), and wrapping the chrome bumpers in vinyl, and maybe painting or wrapping the chrome grill (it is a non-OEM replacement with bubbles in the top edges). As for the step rail, I may take it off or paint to match the roof rack.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Mike

BTW, I have added Undercarriage Spray to my collection since these pics were taken!

Before

IMG_0008-1.jpg

After

Blackout.jpg

Before - rear shot

IMG_0015-1.jpg

After - rear shot

Blackoutreadview.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Dylan,

As you read in the original post your sweet looking ride is part of the reason I am looking to make this mod. Did you have to paint any parts other than the wheels? Also, I'm guessing you used VHT on the taillights?

VetteGirl,

The tinted windows are not a problem, they are the darkest legal tint I could get. Even the LEO's have tinted windows in Florida!

Did you have to paint any parts other than the wheels? Also, I'm guessing you used VHT on the taillights?

Theres some stuff painted under the hood, I had the center of the SS badges blacked out, and of course all of the brake lights. The tails and 3rd brakelight were actually painted by a guy I know who is REALLY good at getting the paint just right on tails.

I'd advise you against taillight blackout unless you intend to trade out your tails for something with an LED... with standard bulbs in them they won't be bright enough.

LED's are a MUST -

image0010-1.jpg