Customer Service 866.965.0400

americana wax

dsny1984

Question

Just tried Americana wax for the first time and really achieved great results, but was wondering if anybody eles foud it hard to remove? I used the white towel that came with it but had to really workout to get it off.

I found the removal pretty easy. I too did use the new white towel, with a spritz of detail spray, and it came off real nice. How long did you let is set up for? I let mine sit for about 15 minutes and then took it off. From my experience it was a little harder to get off than the Buttery Wax, but not something I would say was hard. :cheers:

I let it sit for about 15 minutes, I tried to put it on as light as possible. I probably forgot to mention in my post that when I used a little detail spray it came off much eaiser.:thumbsup: Anyway Thanks for the replys.

I remember reading somewhere that you should remove it pretty soon after applying it. I did my whole daily driver one panel at a time, then as soon as I was done with the last panel, I went back to the first panel and removed the residue in the same order that I applied it.

I noticed that the jar is missing one thing that every other bottled product has: a label on the back that tells you how to use it. Maybe the next batch will have them? That would help clear up some issues for people who have never used a paste before.

I remember reading somewhere that you should remove it pretty soon after applying it. I did my whole daily driver one panel at a time, then as soon as I was done with the last panel, I went back to the first panel and removed the residue in the same order that I applied it.

I noticed that the jar is missing one thing that every other bottled product has: a label on the back that tells you how to use it. Maybe the next batch will have them? That would help clear up some issues for people who have never used a paste before.

Thing is with paste there is no right or wrong way to use it. Depending on your skill set and desired result there are a number of ways to approach application. I do believe there should be something stressing the importance of THIN coats... I watched a couple of people trying it at the detail clinic and they were using WAY too much and learned they hard way when they tried to buff it off.

I used the applicator to apply the APW, then I pulled out the PC with the black 1st gen pad and ran over that for a little bit, then I wiped it off and wow did it look good. It's just my way of working it.

Fifteen minutes is way too long, especially if you do it in the sun. I would go five minutes max. that means, you'll be putting it on one panel and wiping it off before you get to the third panel. Two panels at a time. I wipe it down with detail spray AFTER I wipe off all the wax.

I used the APW for the first time yday. I can say that you definitely want to go light with the product. I usually follow the idea that if a little is good, then a lot is better, but that is not the case here. It required a lot of effort to remove, but I am convinced its b/c I used way too much. However, it still wasnt _that_ hard to use. Much easier than some other pastes i have used.

Also, I didnt use the white towel b/c I hadnt washed it yet. I used te blue MF and perhaps that led to the need for so much elbow grease when removing the wax? Perhaps, but i am still sure that I used too much...

I have yet to see the truck in natural light, but even still I am impressed. the finish is slick as snot and looks awesome...cant wait to pull the truck out of the garage

You really do want to use as little as possible, to the point of thinking you are not getting any wax on the paint. If you do this it will come off like a layer of dust. And multiple thin coats are always better :D:D:D:D

You really do want to use as little as possible, to the point of thinking you are not getting any wax on the paint. If you do this it will come off like a layer of dust. And multiple thin coats are always better :D:D:D:D

Add to that, you shouldn't have left it on as long as you did. Do two panels, and then wipe it off.

Add to that, you shouldn't have left it on as long as you did. Do two panels, and then wipe it off.

Agreed...I'll know better the next time around.

All this is more reason why there should be instructions on that card that's in the container.

Agreed...I'll know better the next time around.

All this is more reason why there should be instructions on that card that's in the container.

Now you want me to read instructions, your :banned:

Next your going to tell me there is going to be a test :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

I let it sit for about 15 minutes, I tried to put it on as light as possible. I probably forgot to mention in my post that when I used a little detail spray it came off much eaiser.:thumbsup: Anyway Thanks for the replys.

Ahh, good to know! No need to let paste wax setup, just knock it off after applying a very thing coat to two panels, or a hood.

This is nothing like the MSW, which needs time to cure. The Americana Paste can be removed immediately after application.

:thumbsup:

Fifteen minutes is way too long, especially if you do it in the sun. I would go five minutes max. that means, you'll be putting it on one panel and wiping it off before you get to the third panel. Two panels at a time. I wipe it down with detail spray AFTER I wipe off all the wax.

Oops, double post, and thanks for getting to this before me AJ!!:rockon:

Ahh, good to know! No need to let paste wax setup, just knock it off after applying a very thing coat to two panels, or a hood.

This is nothing like the MSW, which needs time to cure. The Americana Paste can be removed immediately after application.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips! I did not know this.