Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Chip Repair

Devin04

Question

Figured I'd post this in here. I don't have any tips for this but I'm looking for some. I'll post pics of what my damage looks like when I take some pics. But basically there is one really tiny rust spot forming on the hood of my Mustang. Something must of taken off the paint and primer. Another trouble spot I have is larger but not as deep; I still have primer I'm assuming. In the winter a salt truck threw rock salt at the side of my car taking the paint off right below my driver side window. Any tips on how to fix these? I'll post pics ASAP. Thanks in advance for the advice.

12 answers to this question

I've used Langka with pretty good results. Basically you fill the chip with touch up paint (from the dealer) and let it dry. You add several coats until the touch up paint is above the original paint surface...the touch up paint forms a blob of paint. Then you use the Langka Blob Remover and rub it over the repaired area/blob. It removes only touch up paint (not the factory original paint) and should leave behind a nicely filled chip with the touch up paint being level with the rest of the car.

Here is the link:

http://www.langka.com/

Hope this helps!

I've used Langka with pretty good results. Basically you fill the chip with touch up paint (from the dealer) and let it dry. You add several coats until the touch up paint is above the original paint surface...the touch up paint forms a blob of paint. Then you use the Langka Blob Remover and rub it over the repaired area/blob. It removes only touch up paint (not the factory original paint) and should leave behind a nicely filled chip with the touch up paint being level with the rest of the car.

Here is the link:

Hope this helps!

Thanks Sergio I'll have to look into this more when I get back from work but seems like an easy solution. Some of the things I'll be looking for is does it work on chips that are to bare metal? Should I pretreat a spot differently if it's starting to rust? Is there any type of clear coat to give it that gloss back? You don't have to answer these, that's just what I'll be looking for when I get time. Thanks again.

Here is the link:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip !:2thumbs:

Here we go.

Here is the one from the salt truck. It's on my drivers side door right below my window.

DSC02327.jpg

Here is the one on my roof that is starting to rust it looks worse than I thought when I saw this pic. The paint is starting to crack around it.

DSC02328.jpg

And this was the trouble I had while trying to take pics. It wouldn't stop focusing on the sky. :glasses:

DSC02329.jpg

As always thanks for any advice you can give me. I'm more worried about the one on the roof because there is no primer protecting the metal. But the other one is just an eyesore, and I have more like them.

If you have a good hand at wet sanding, I have filled in chips like that before with touch up paint, let it cure a week, then I wet sanded it down to blend with the rest of the paint. Works pretty dang well. :thumbsup: