Customer Service 866.965.0400

quick question about detail spray...

mellon

Question

is it not suggested to use detail spray on a warm body panel or in direct sunlight? i typically detail my car in the garage but i was at a lil cruise in last weekend and drove through a small shower on my way and went about detail spraying my whole car and it just don't seem to come off as easy or work as well in the sun as it does in the garage...any ideas?

-mellon

10 answers to this question

I never had a problem using it in direct sunlight, I just spray and wipe, then turn the MF over and wipe with the dry side and it looks great, well that's just the way I do it.

I washed my Dad's black CTS this past weekend, and when I was drying it in the driveway after I sprayed it down with detail spray, it was really streaky. I pulled the car into the garage and buffed it with a microfiber towel and it was fine. He had some sort of paint sealant applied when he bought it, and I was thinking the detail spray wasn't working with it.

This is the first time I noticed this, but I typically pull my black car into the garage to do the drying.

ya car was dry. my car is also black. and i also pull my car into the garage for drying. i have a habit of spraying down a whole body panel be it a fender or the hood when i'm detailing. and it just seems like its extremely hard to get off when in direct sunlight. maybe i'm putting too much on the car?

To reduce streaking and hazing when using quick detailer products in direct sunlight (or in general, actually), spray it onto the towel first and then wipe - don't spray directly onto your finish. What's happening is that the emulsifiers in the product (usually water & alcohol) are evaporating too quickly, leaving you a finish with polymers baked into it and nothing to help spread them out.