Customer Service 866.965.0400

Older model Porter Cable?

exjagman

Question

I'm a newby to Adam's products and before I start using them I wanted to make sure I had the correct equipment. I have a Porter Cable random orbit polisher (Model 7336) that I've had for about 4 or 5 years. The Midel used by Junkman and the one sold here is # 7424. Is mine just an older model or is it totally different. Also, is it safe to use this model with all the Adam's pads and other products? Thanks.

16 answers to this question

How can I tell if I have the correct counter weights?

You should see the a label stamped into your counter weight that says "for use with X pads only" as per junkman's video,

I too have the same model and if you didn't change anything you should be good to go with the Gen 2 pads!

And welome to the family!!

Welcome to the forum John!!

Glad you posted your question. A lot of times people who have the older machines get scared off by the prospect of buying a 7424 and never bother to even ask if they're reliable old PC will work also. I know of a guy who wanted to try the products YEARS ago, but didn't b/c he thought he'd have to replace his machine (the same one you have) he never bothered to ask and when I found out I let him know he'd be fine with what he had and now hes an avid fan of the products and a happy detailer!! :)

Thanks to everybody for the help and for the welcome. I plan on detailing my wife's black mustang this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out and try to post some pics. Thanks again, all.

Guys, I have one more question. I bought the entire Adams' detailing kit at Carlisle a couple of weeks ago (Ford Nationals). The kit came with the white and orange pads, but not the absorber backing plate. Will the backing plate on my old PC work with the new Adam's pads or should I order the Adam's absorber pad?

I think it should have come with all three (orange, white, and black) and the backing plate. Give them a call and they should be able to help you out

The absorber backing plate is specifically designed for the Adam's pads, so while another 5" backing plate might fit the Adam's pads, I personally wouldn't use a different one. Like I said I think the kit should have come with it, so maybe they forgot or were out of stock. If so, they'll hook you up with one :thumbsup:

Edited by GerryC

The 7336 is the same thing as the 7424 - only it doesn't come with the polishing pad (which is completely useless anyway). And welcome to the forum, John! :cheers: Pictures and questions - post them all!!!:burnout:

Mine came with that awesome and amazing detailing polishing pad and is a 7336. Well it was b4 someone ran off with it.