Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paint

goatcheez

Question

Hi Everybody! I'm new to the forum but NOT new to Adam's.

Question: I just got my baby back from the bodyshop (deer hit) and was told NOT to wax for 60 days. Okay, what can I use then?? Adams glaze would be acceptable but what about detail spray? Gonna do the full "after bodyshop detail" this weekend. Thanks! Great forum!

goatcheez

10 answers to this question

Hi Everybody! I'm new to the forum but NOT new to Adam's.

Question: I just got my baby back from the bodyshop (deer hit) and was told NOT to wax for 60 days. Okay, what can I use then?? Adams glaze would be acceptable but what about detail spray? Gonna do the full "after bodyshop detail" this weekend. Thanks! Great forum!

goatcheez

No wax and no sealant. Considering it's fresh paint, I would also stay away from anything containing alcohol just to be 110% sure you don't run into any bubbling or hazing problems - which would leave Detail Spray out of the equation (that's my personal preference - your chance of actually running into any issue with the DS is astronomically slim). Body shops usually sell a product called Wizard's Breathable Paint Sealant, which is made especially to protect freshly painted cars.

What about Adam's spray glaze?? Safe??

goatcheez

I don't see why it wouldn't be, but with new paint you really need something that's going to offer protection more than anything else - worry about making it shiny after the finish has had time to cure properly.

I used SHR and the Machine polish and even Adams' DS with no issues. I left the car outside purposely in the sun to help bake it out. Just make sure to keep bird droppings and leaves and bugs off of the paint. The proteins will etch the paint for sure...

Chris

Let it cure for the time they recommended. If anything happens in the way of bubbling or lifting of the paint in between now and then, the body shop will have to fix it. If you mess with the paint between now and then, they can use it against you. You can correct whatever happens in between now and then easily. Congrats on the fresh paint! :thumbsup:

since you dont recommend using detail spray (my truck is getting painted today as we speak) I was thinking a spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of adams car wash and make a defacto detail spray like that would that work? is adams carwash safe to use on fresh paint?