Customer Service 866.965.0400

Colorado Polishing with the flex

Superdutytd

Question

Well I did some polishing with my Flex finally. I had a pretty nasty candidate to start out with. Here are some pics.

1. Rinsed vehicles

2. Sprayed down/soak with Simple Green and rinsed

3. Washed with APC/SG/Some crappy 'wash and wax' mixed together

4. Wiped down with DS/crappy towels

5. Clay barred and was pleasently surprised to not kill the clay bar on one panel

6. ONE pass with Orange Pad & SHR on level 4 (4=330 RPM/ 6,600 OPM)

The one thing I have learned and instigated today was to only use 3 or 4 pea size drops of polish after priming the pad (I put tiny tiny dots of polish on every hex to prime my pads). I also learned that you need to have a bunch of pads around if you are trying to finish a whole vehicle in one sitting as after the pad got too saturated I was simply wasting my time and doing almost no cutting.

Now I have been using powertools for many years and in my opinion the Flex is a very high quality piece of equipment. I found that with this polisher I can do 85% swirl removal on a relatively low level (4) on something this bad after just one pass after watching Adams/AJ's videos.

15 answers to this question

I've always wanted to try a flex.. here is a video I found on youtube.

That was the same video I saw that got me thinking about a Flex (Can't argue with results). Then I saw the price. For that price I'm just going to hold off until I get a rotary. But both seem to be great machines.

That was the same video I saw that got me thinking about a Flex (Can't argue with results). Then I saw the price. For that price I'm just going to hold off until I get a rotary. But both seem to be great machines.

I agree, for the price of a flex you could have 2 new 7424XPs

Thanks guy! Sorry those pics are pretty bad because I didn't have my good camera with me and I only had my cell phone.

No offense to anyone using the PC but the Flex is worth two PC's.

Oh and that video on youtube that guy is using a polishing pad at higher speeds while I used an orange (cutting) pad at lower speeds and got the same results he did in less time and using less electricty! :lolsmack:

Edited by Superdutytd

I can do an entire car with one orange pad in one day. You're either using WAY too much product (SHR) or priming the pad with TOO much detail spray. I do a car or two every couple weeks, all steps all in one day and have never had the need to have more than one of each pad.

The one thing about forums that annoys me the most is a Grammar Nazi who can't even spell or use words correctly themselves. Everyone makes a spelling or grammar mistake from time to time, just let them be. Yes even you....

Example...... It's PLEASANTLY not pleasently.....:2thumbs:

Well I did some polishing with my Flex finally. I had a pretty nasty candidate to start out with. Here are some pics.

1. Rinsed vehicles

2. Sprayed down/soak with Simple Green and rinsed

3. Washed with APC/SG/Some crappy 'wash and wax' mixed together

4. Wiped down with DS/crappy towels

5. Clay barred and was pleasently surprised to not kill the clay bar on one panel

6. ONE pass with Orange Pad & SHR on level 4 (4=330 RPM/ 6,600 OPM)

The one thing I have learned and instigated today was to only use 3 or 4 pea size drops of polish after priming the pad (I put tiny tiny dots of polish on every hex to prime my pads). I also learned that you need to have a bunch of pads around if you are trying to finish a whole vehicle in one sitting as after the pad got too saturated I was simply wasting my time and doing almost no cutting.

Now I have been using powertools for many years and in my opinion the Flex is a very high quality piece of equipment. I found that with this polisher I can do 85% swirl removal on a relatively low level (4) on something this bad after just one pass after watching Adams/AJ's videos.

I can do an entire car with one orange pad in one day. You're either using WAY too much product (SHR) or priming the pad with TOO much detail spray. I do a car or two every couple weeks, all steps all in one day and have never had the need to have more than one of each pad.

The one thing about forums that annoys me the most is a Grammar Nazi who can't even spell or use words correctly themselves. Everyone makes a spelling or grammar mistake from time to time, just let them be. Yes even you....

Example...... It's PLEASANTLY not pleasently.....:2thumbs:

If you're doing an entire car without cleaning/changing your pad it must be a pretty small car. I've polished my fair share of cars, most of them being pretty full of scratches/swirls and an orange pad gets pretty caked up with clearcoat/product after a few panels. A padwasher is a great investment, which I have in a box at my office right now ;)

Rarely will I ever misuse or misspell a word but I suppose it does happen. The two/too/to mistakes I see all the time though. It was more a sign of my displeasure of the other person's post.