Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams and the rotary

Guest AeroCleanse

Question

You say you know otherwise, but you are incorrect when it comes to the use of Dawn. You wouldn't believe how many cars I've had to fix that the owners thought the use of Dawn was correct.

IPA = isopropyl alcohol

Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I've been stripping wax off cars with Dawn since the 1980's and I have never had any trim discoloration issues. Also, my videos speak for my ability to take those cars in which Dawn was used to strip off all waxes and make them shine like glass again. After all, it was my videos which brought you here. :D

...is not going to win you any of the following here at all, especially when I and other seasoned detailers here know otherwise.

Dawn is just way too alkaline to be used on any car. When looking to strip an LSP or just begin cleaning a generally nasty car, Adam's APC at 2oz./gallon in the Adam's/Gilmour Foam Gun is much safer and much more effective. Remember that video of the guy cleaning the Bentley with 409? Yeah...he's a seasoned detailer too. How long you've been doing something is different than how properly you've been doing something.

Dawn is just way too alkaline to be used on any car. When looking to strip an LSP or just begin cleaning a generally nasty car, Adam's APC at 2oz./gallon in the Adam's/Gilmour Foam Gun is much safer and much more effective. Remember that video of the guy cleaning the Bentley with 409? Yeah...he's a seasoned detailer too. How long you've been doing something is different than how properly you've been doing something.

Your scientific study and write up with proof on this would be much appreciated. If you can show it to me in such a way, I'll be more than happy to agree with you. I don't detail by hearsay, I detail by proof.

I'm waiting...

Remember that video of the guy cleaning the Bentley with 409? Yeah...he's a seasoned detailer too. How long you've been doing something is different than how properly you've been doing something.

well said. (Aero) You just need to watch the way you are writing your post you might meen well but someways the post are not put in the best way possible. Example: When you introduce yourself in a the introduce threads you said Proffesional checking you never here frank saying that at all, the way you might write something might rub some people the wrong way so i would just watch the way you word something you might meen well and i am not saying your not but just make it nice. And we will just make out fine, thats all.

Your scientific study and write up with proof on this would be much appreciated. If you can show it to me in such a way, I'll be more than happy to agree with you. I don't detail by hearsay, I detail by proof.

I'm waiting...

:confused:

Dawn, as well as other dish soaps, have a pH of 8 - 8.5 (a pH of 12 is caustic to the touch). A pH above 7 (neutral) is alkaline. I lost all of my write ups as to why this is bad for preserving an automotive finish shortly after finishing 10th grade chemistry. If you want to continue this discussion via, PM, I don't have an issue with that...this thread has gone WAY too far off the beaten path :lol:

:confused:

Dawn, as well as other dish soaps, have a pH of 8 - 8.5 (a pH of 12 is caustic to the touch). A pH above 7 (neutral) is alkaline. I lost all of my write ups as to why this is bad for preserving an automotive finish shortly after finishing 10th grade chemistry. If you want to continue this discussion via, PM, I don't have an issue with that...this thread has gone WAY too far off the beaten path :lol:

I agree. Since I don't have the proof that I'm looking for, I'm calling this thread AND this discussion done. :2thumbs: