Customer Service 866.965.0400

2006 Porsche 911 4S

Bill-V8V

Question

I have a friend of a friend coming over Saturday, looks like someone was jealous of his car so decided to take a key to it ? :help::help::help:

It's that nice Dark Olive Green Metallic, a nice little 3K option. He just picked it up in Florida so it was a nice clean car. I'm going to see how far I can take it as he said you can just barely feel it. We'll see :xfingers::xfingers::xfingers:

web.jpg?ver=12458767220001

The looks great. My Acura has a scratch similar to that. (or so it would appear on my LCD heh heh). Gives me great hope on getting them out.

I just switched over to Adams products and still await shipment. Monday is the day. The PC showed up this past Tues. Outside of my black tool chest, there is nothing to polish w/ that crappy white pad that came with it. Although, it made the tool chest look cherry with just some paint cleaner and a pure polish. Man I hate looking at power tools and not being able to use them.

That porsche is beautiful - the rims are stock?

They have Porsche center caps, but they look a lot like Techart rims. I like that he didn't go with the GT3 spoiler option - the smaller wing he has on there works perfectly with the car - very classy (and much easier to polish!).

Great work Bill how was working on the Porsche? Did it require any changes to your method when you detail the vette?

I don't know how Audi paint/clear compares to Porsche, but I've never had any problems at all with Adam's stuff on the Audi. In fact, the clear is hard and takes a good bit of work, but the results are really good -- my Audi "responds" to a thorough Adam's process much better than my Vette. :cheers:

I agree Rich, when you dial in that perfect method (for any car) its great! maybe with the July detail contest we can get more incite with what members had to change up for each mfg..

That porsche is beautiful - the rims are stock?

They have Porsche center caps, but they look a lot like Techart rims. I like that he didn't go with the GT3 spoiler option - the smaller wing he has on there works perfectly with the car - very classy (and much easier to polish!).

Good eye !!!!

They are not stock, and they do look good but the clear is peeling on the fronts :(

I wish I had taken more pictures but I really wasn't feeling too good. The car looks black in the pictures but it really is Olive Green Metallic. The handling and breaking are excellent. I can see why they make such a great track car. Another 50 HP wouldn't hurt it :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Great work Bill how was working on the Porsche? Did it require any changes to your method when you detail the vette?

Actually the only thing I did different was a mist of distilled water on the polish after spreading it at 3. No gumming or dusting to speak of :rockon::rockon:

Thanks for the tips Frank :cheers:

Actually the only thing I did different was a mist of distilled water on the polish after spreading it at 3. No gumming or dusting to speak of :rockon::rockon:

Thanks for the tips Frank :cheers:

Anytime, Bill. I'm full of tips and bulls**t, so if you ever need either, just give me a holler :lolsmack:

Anytime, Bill. I'm full of tips and bulls**t, so if you ever need either, just give me a holler :lolsmack:

I have plenty of the other stuff, it's just the tips I need :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Shane

I'm a big FMP user, I used the Orange pad with FMP and just worked it really really slow and when the polish was almost finished I gave it a mist of distilled water and kept working it, Thanks for the tip Frank.

It is harder to get good pressure on a side panel so either get a seat that won't move or knee pads and get comfortable and take your time.

And don''t forget to ask one of our fine Detail Advisors about specific paints if you have never worked on them before, that's what I did :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Using Franks advice I used half as much product and did fewer passes, how cool is that :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Hi Shane

I'm a big FMP user, I used the Orange pad with FMP and just worked it really really slow and when the polish was almost finished I gave it a mist of distilled water and kept working it, Thanks for the tip Frank.

It is harder to get good pressure on a side panel so either get a seat that won't move or knee pads and get comfortable and take your time.

And don''t forget to ask one of our fine Detail Advisors about specific paints if you have never worked on them before, that's what I did :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Using Franks advice I used half as much product and did fewer passes, how cool is that :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Thanks for the info. I am also a big fan of the FMP with an orange pad. It's amazing how well it cuts AND finishes!