Customer Service 866.965.0400

New paint, no clear coat - Question

Nitelord

Question

I'd like your input on the question..

I have a customer who re-conditions and sells golf carts. He is painting them with a paint, much like the Fusion paint that is formulated to stick to plastic.

He is not clear coating them and he wants to know how to go about detailing them for his customers.

Thanks to all in advance... :2thumbs:

5 answers to this question

You can treat it just as you would a clear coated finish, just bear in mind that some paint will bleed off onto the pads; and also that a non-clear coated finish is very soft, so Fine Machine Polish or Revive should do the job nicely. Since they're golf carts and will see their fair share of sun, pesticides, and herbicides; Revive, APC, and MSW would be my go-to products.

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I've asked him to paint my cart and he said no problem, but it may be a week or more..

In the mean time, I've tried several different applications.

The Revive (by hand) seems to work very well. I'm hesitant to try the PC. I just don't want to end up removing any paint before I realize it's happening. The Buttery Wax goes on just as smooth and comes off just as easily. I believe, until I test it on my cart, that is the way I'll move forward.

Now if he would just get the 5 gallon DS, I'd be set. :lolsmack:

Thanks much.