Customer Service 866.965.0400

Orange pad dust on car?

G8V8

Question

I just finished using Adam's products and his PC kit for the first time. The results came out great, especially for a first timer like me. I had a couple of questions I asked and got answered in the appropriate folders but forgot this one until now.

After using the orange pad and HSR, I had very small orange particles that looked like pad in channels between body panels, etc. They just blew away with some air but is this normal? I used Junkmans "black line on the pad holder" tip to act as a guide for regulating the pressure.

I didn't notice any of this with the white or black pads.

10 answers to this question

Make sure you stay away from seams or gaps in the body panels. The clear coat can be extremely thin in those spots and you risk burning through. It can also tear up the pads.

Hope that helps.

Make sure you stay away from seams or gaps in the body panels. The clear coat can be extremely thin in those spots and you risk burning through. It can also tear up the pads.

Hope that helps.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for posting that. I think I've been through all the videos and instructions and don't remember seeing or hearing anything about that.

Do you guys mask the seams between panels with painter's tape? What do you do?

Is there some place to learn more?

Edited by G8V8

There have been several posts in the past that referenced painters tape. I have found the green 3m tape sticks better than the blue. You may have to go to an auto parts or paint store for the green.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for posting that. I think I've been through all the videos and instructions and don't remember seeing or hearing anything about that.

Do you guys mask the seams between panels with painter's tape? What do you do?

Is there some place to learn more?

Some people do some dont. I would

Tape is always a good idea. While a PC is extremely safe it is still capable of doing damage if you have some thin clear.

web.jpg?ver=12415547090001

But many will just stay away from edges. If you do decide to tape here is a good place to get it.

http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Masking_Tapes-3M_233_GREEN_MASKING_TAPE.html