Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coat of Buttery Wax on the Truck!

KodiakBlack

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem, hey if you have any problems with the ol Vortec, let me know i know a good amount!

Okay thanks, I have a while to go to run into problems. Just hit 61,000. I knew one person that had a two door tahoe and he ran it to 38O,00o before the transmission went out.

Edited by 11chevz71

Okay thanks, I have a while to go to run into problems. Just hit 61,000. I knew one person that had a two door tahoe and he ran it to 38,00 before the transmission went out.

wow, ive got 190,000 on mine with Original Motor/Transmission

Sweet flex shots, don't you just love how easy Buttery Wax is to use?

actually, i found it to be quite a PITA! i couldnt get all of the wax off without using DS. it would leave a sligh mark in the paint that could be noticed only in the glare. :willy:

If you found Buttery Wax hard to get off you are either putting way way way too much on or not letting it cure long enough.

i would let it dry for about 10 minutes? it seemed to leave dark streaks in the paint if i didnt rub really hard for a while on the spots.

i would let it dry for about 10 minutes? it seemed to leave dark streaks in the paint if i didnt rub really hard for a while on the spots.

Try putting it on even thinner and waiting longer. What you are seeing is that the wax has not fully cured, waxes contain solvents that give it the ability to be spread, liquid wax has even more than a paste (most cases). You are just seeing some spots where the solvents have not fully evaporated. Try doing what I do, put it on and go have lunch then go back and take it off. But the key is getting it really thin :2thumbs:

And don't be worried about leaving it on too long, it's not like a paste wax :rockon:

Try putting it on even thinner and waiting longer. What you are seeing is that the wax has not fully cured, waxes contain solvents that give it the ability to be spread, liquid wax has even more than a paste (most cases). You are just seeing some spots where the solvents have not fully evaporated. Try doing what I do, put it on and go have lunch then go back and take it off. But the key is getting it really thin :2thumbs:

And don't be worried about leaving it on too long, it's not like a paste wax :rockon:

hmm maybe i just wasnt waiting long enough. sounds good ill give it a try!