Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coat of Buttery Wax on the Truck!

KodiakBlack

Well that shouldn't take too long ;)

Let me check out Google Maps and I'll send you a PM in a few minutes Jordan

It would take much longer if he was trying to take back all the bad things he's said about me :lolsmack:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I met up with Jordan this afternoon to see how we could fix his wax situation. I showed him my techniques for the whole process to try and find out where he was running into problems:

First he showed me how the wax wouldn't apply evenly, in that it would leave areas of the paint looking as if no wax had been put on at all. I found the cause to be how the wax was put onto the applicator pad. If any part of the pad is dry, the dry part will actually wipe the wax away as you are trying to apply it to the car. Rubbing the pad together after squirting wax onto it helps spread it evenly over the pad surface so this won't happen. You want the pad to feel damp, and as it gets more damp, you can squirt less and less wax onto the pad to complete the entire vehicle.

We waited about 10-15 minutes, it was cool and not very humid, and went to wipe the residue from his truck. I was able to see his second and third problems: it did require a slight bit of pressure to remove, and once it was removed, areas of the paint looked noticeably darker, and more pressure was required to remove those marks.

We tried to isolate what the cause might be. Since he has the newer towels and pads, we each tried various combinations of each others towels, applicator pads, and bottles of wax, on each others cars. We figured mixing and matching each others stuff would have helped narrow it down....but that idea betrayed us.

The wax applied and wiped cleanly from my car with both apps and towels, but we chalked that up to the insane amount of Adam's waxes that are already on my car :willy:. I was able to remove the wax residue from his truck much easier with my towel, and it didn't leave behind the marks he was seeing before.

I tried a few different areas of his truck with my towel and was again able to remove the wax with no marks left over. So that would mean he could have a bad towel...but it worked fine to remove the wax from my car. :confused: Part of the problem might have been his technique but hopefully the pointers I gave him will make his waxing easier.

norwalk.jpg

Bill, Adam said something about my raise coming out of your check? :lolsmack:

So I met up with Jordan this afternoon to see how we could fix his wax situation. I showed him my techniques for the whole process to try and find out where he was running into problems:

First he showed me how the wax wouldn't apply evenly, in that it would leave areas of the paint looking as if no wax had been put on at all. I found the cause to be how the wax was put onto the applicator pad. If any part of the pad is dry, the dry part will actually wipe the wax away as you are trying to apply it to the car. Rubbing the pad together after squirting wax onto it helps spread it evenly over the pad surface so this won't happen. You want the pad to feel damp, and as it gets more damp, you can squirt less and less wax onto the pad to complete the entire vehicle.

We waited about 10-15 minutes, it was cool and not very humid, and went to wipe the residue from his truck. I was able to see his second and third problems: it did require a slight bit of pressure to remove, and once it was removed, areas of the paint looked noticeably darker, and more pressure was required to remove those marks.

We tried to isolate what the cause might be. Since he has the newer towels and pads, we each tried various combinations of each others towels, applicator pads, and bottles of wax, on each others cars. We figured mixing and matching each others stuff would have helped narrow it down....but that idea betrayed us.

The wax applied and wiped cleanly from my car with both apps and towels, but we chalked that up to the insane amount of Adam's waxes that are already on my car :willy:. I was able to remove the wax residue from his truck much easier with my towel, and it didn't leave behind the marks he was seeing before.

I tried a few different areas of his truck with my towel and was again able to remove the wax with no marks left over. So that would mean he could have a bad towel...but it worked fine to remove the wax from my car. :confused: Part of the problem might have been his technique but hopefully the pointers I gave him will make his waxing easier.

norwalk.jpg

couldnt have been stated any better. im just stumped as to why my rags will take the wax off Gerry's car and not MINE, MY OTHER TRUCK, nor a 2007 Dodge Ram!! adam please chime in and give me your advice?!

couldnt have been stated any better. im just stumped as to why my rags will take the wax off Gerry's car and not MINE, MY OTHER TRUCK, nor a 2007 Dodge Ram!! adam please chime in and give me your advice?!

The problem is most likely all the stuff you have on the paint presently. I would strip everything off the paint and start with a fresh palette. Since you've had issues before, there's no telling what is sitting on top of your paint. A good washing with Dawn dish washing liquid should strip whatever is on the car presently and give you the opportunity to apply the products with what you have learned. I bet your issues will disappear, unless you make the same mistakes that you were making previously.

The problem is most likely all the stuff you have on the paint presently. I would strip everything off the paint and start with a fresh palette. Since you've had issues before, there's no telling what is sitting on top of your paint. A good washing with Dawn dish washing liquid should strip whatever is on the car presently and give you the opportunity to apply the products with what you have learned. I bet your issues will disappear, unless you make the same mistakes that you were making previously.

ive claybarred atleast twice since ive gotten my adams stuff??:willy:

I agree !!!!!!!!!

You can have 100% of my pay from now on :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by C6Bill

:2thumbs:

Yes, but did you strip everything off the car before you tried all the stuff you tried yesterday?

Fresh palette. Live and learn!

ive tried the wax on a fresh palette every time other than this time. its done it on my cars and another truck also..